Clean vocals throughout a heavy Opeth tune?

Risquit

Sep 16, 2003
San Diego
Visit site
Trying to think of one of their songs with clean vocals from beginning to end, but with the heavier, metal instrumentation. Might be cool to have one on the next album with The Moor or Drapery Falls(like) clean vocals running all the way through the song. Or have I missed one...?...

Not all the way through, but Bleak has growls when the music is easy, and clean vocals when the music is heavy (as far as I can remember... I havent listened to BWP in about 6 months).

It would be interesting, I although I like the way the way 'The Drapery falls' is all clean and them 3/4 into the song Mike rips your head off with his growls

^ Yeah Like on the Human equation where Mike only does a few growls but It works really well and is pretty powerful in contrast to all the other singers

in think that growl vocals for the growl vocal's sake has no sense, the vocals must represent the part of the song where they are on. Love of hate a song (like or dislike) just because it has growling voice on it is IMO stupid. I think that we all like Opeth because of the "drama factor" of their songs, and the good taste on them.

A fair judgement, Face of Melinda, Credence and so on, are fantastic songs because of the feeling put on them, I don't mind if the next record has all clean vocals in it, as long as they are put with taste and emotion, just like the aforementioned.

Dseven said:
in think that growl vocals for the growl vocal's sake has no sense, the vocals must represent the part of the song where they are on. Love of hate a song (like or dislike) just because it has growling voice on it is IMO stupid. I think that we all like Opeth because of the "drama factor" of their songs, and the good taste on them.

A fair judgement, Face of Melinda, Credence and so on, are fantastic songs because of the feeling put on them, I don't mind if the next record has all clean vocals in it, as long as they are put with taste and emotion, just like the aforementioned.

I like the way how you've put it: "the drama factor." We've talked about that here some times, the fact that Opeth's music sounds almost like a soundtrack because of that drama or cinematic quality of their music. It was just a comment...

Demoke said:
I like the way how you've put it: "the drama factor." We've talked about that here some times, the fact that Opeth's music sounds almost like a soundtrack because of that drama or cinematic quality of their music. It was just a comment...

yeah, it's true, even when all Opeth members are incredibly talented, and they kick ass playing live, it's the "emotional" factor what attracts me the most, that factor is what puts them on a different level, unreachable for the most of the bands out there, and that's what i'm searching in music, to "move my heart", you know?

that's what i appreciate in Opeth's music, the emotion, and the honesty put on it. (among others)

:headbang: