Anyone else like Opeth more for the slow clean stuff?

the rick

New Metal Member
I may be the oddball here but it seems like most people are more into the "dirty" opeth then the "clean" opeth.

Anyone else feel the clean stuff is much better? I Mean, I kinda like it all (except the song eternal soul torture after to bid you farewell on the vinyl :yell:)

Damnation is awesome IMO.

the rick said:
I may be the oddball here but it seems like most people are more into the "dirty" opeth then the "clean" opeth.

Anyone else feel the clean stuff is much better? I Mean, I kinda like it all (except the song eternal soul torture after to bid you farewell on the vinyl :yell:)

Damnation is awesome IMO.

I can't get enough of the music.. clean, dirty, whatever.. I do love the softer vocals though.. That is one amazing voice. Damnation is fantastic. I love Windowpane and To Rid the Disease.

I will be seeing them live for the first time in July and I wish I could just sleep for a month, so the time passes quicker..

I always consider the point of opeth to be the dynamic range and the versatility of the songs - not 'the clean bits' or 'the heavy bits' but the mix of the two and the generally good songwriting evident.

I like the heavy side better, but I would't say Damnation was too much of the other.

I first liked Opeth for the clean vocals (especially on Credence, Harvest and The Drapery Falls). Later I began to like Opeth for some of the growl or "dirty" as some of you might call it. I couldn't wait to get my hands on to Damnation (since I heard that a completely "soft" album was on it's way). When Damnation was out I loved both "clean" and "dirty". Now, after a time I love the combination of both, but that doesn't mean I don't like completely "clean" vocals.

I prefer both, but the "clean" still gives me chills up my back spine, and I don't think it will stop 'cause the music is just great anyway.

It's not like "Uuugh, this song has "clean" vocals only, turn on "Demon of the Fall" or something". It all depends on what mood I'm in :p