the supremacy of opeth

whispersofaschizo

pSyChO pAtHiC kIlLeR
May 28, 2002
Visit site
i had laid down my opeth cd for a month or so in favor of winds, arcturus, and pain of salvation. i recently put it on and once again opeth amazed me, and proved why they are the reigning kings of my cd collection. with the mix of dirty and clean vox, the aweosme beats, and the killer riffs, i felt like it was my first time again. it was amazing...if anyone here actually talks to the guys in opeth...tell them caleb said thanx for the best cd ever.

Originally posted by JesterCircle
So much for my little hope that Opeth fans would be slightly more sophisticated than the average metalhead... I guess listening to advanced music doesn't make you any more advanced yourself after all.

I thought this same thing a few months ago.

The standard that Pain of Salvation and Opeth has brought to the music industry for me has made many of the discs in my collection nothing more then dust collectors.

Originally posted by Liquid Tension

I thought this same thing a few months ago.

The standard that Pain of Salvation and Opeth has brought to the music industry for me has made many of the discs in my collection nothing more then dust collectors.

I've never heard any Pain Of Salvation... any place I can get a few samples to check out(I don't use file sharing software)?

Jesus, why are you all being so hard on this guy?! If being a respectful, dedicated fan is what you call being a "typical metalhead" then count me in... I'd rather be a "fanboy" than an arrogant dick who likes to put people down in internet forums! Listening to sophisticated music doesn't mean you're better than anybody else or have the write to judge other people's opinions. I for one am glad that another Opeth fan can be added to our legions, even if it is through BWP (which is a superior record, I don't care what you fucking "old-skool" lawyer types say!)... I'm ranting again... argh... anyways, lighten up people!

Originally posted by JesterCircle
So much for my little hope that Opeth fans would be slightly more sophisticated than the average metalhead... I guess listening to advanced music doesn't make you any more advanced yourself after all.

Ever thought about this: Some ppl are here also to have fun and joke around. Now if u are all that stuck up, I feel sorry for you. You shouldn't judge ppl so quickly. It's a lot more complicated than just discussion music to the bone... hence stuff like this happens.

Originally posted by golgotha85
Jesus, why are you all being so hard on this guy?! If being a respectful, dedicated fan is what you call being a "typical metalhead" then count me in... I'd rather be a "fanboy" than an arrogant dick who likes to put people down in internet forums! Listening to sophisticated music doesn't mean you're better than anybody else or have the write to judge other people's opinions. I for one am glad that another Opeth fan can be added to our legions, even if it is through BWP (which is a superior record, I don't care what you fucking "old-skool" lawyer types say!)... I'm ranting again... argh... anyways, lighten up people!

Yeah, that´s true. We´re discussing Opeth, not some fucking Sonata Arctica or some other pop-metal band...
95% of all people find themselves praising Opeth. It´s doesn´t bother me neither does it give kicks to me...
I wish I could feel like I did when I listened to Still Life for the first time. Now I feel like 99,66% or so...:p . :rolleyes:

What a volatile area.....

Not being an elitist or anything, but I remember when the Opeth forum would NEVER react this way to a new member saying something like that. It's not a bad thing, it's just funny how things change.

Sure, it's fun to have a laugh, but try to remember how you liked to be treated when you first came here.