the supremacy of opeth

I can see only two reasons for going off your hinges at this thread...

1) For a joke. Uhm... well... ok.

2) You dislike all these sort of threads, be it through "been there done that" or "i hate fanboys". Why don't you just go find a thread you DO like? Surely it would be more enjoyable than saying:

"You are wrong to do this, I'm right to be nasty about it, my only justification is my opinion." Which is what it sounds remarkably like to me.
It is after all, merely your opinion. What gods-given right do you have to act like that as a consequence.

Ah, just found a 3rd). Which is believing its spam. Fair enough, even if I disagree with you.

Originally posted by Misanthrope

There is a difference, positive fanaticism is an oxymoron. One can like many bands and artist, but is stupid to elevate them and consider them superior, no matter how ammout of pseudo positive crap you try to push up our asses, we are squishing our butts here, we just know that no ammount of positive things justifies human stupidity, in one of its purest forms: fanatism.

Wake up, man! No-one is being fanatic here. The thread starter just in his his enthusiasm started the thread. I could have started it too just because it I really like Opeth. That´s it...things shouldn´t be taken too literally. Well, all of us are sometimes tired of praising but anyway...we must accept some of it.

i don't know why a guy can't come on and express his common love for a freaking band! i think you guys need to learn how to enjoy opeth once again. you're all too busy thinking you are better than everyone else just cuz you actually listen to good music! we are all opeth fans, or at least we should be, and we need to preach it to the masses that opeth is great, not sit here and fight over a man's love for great music.

oh yeah...i am a fanatic...but i am not into "fanboyism"...i just appreciate opeth for what they are...a great freaking band, with great musical talent. so get over yourselves, and learn to do the same!