Andy Winter from Winds was at the Opeth signing in Vancouver

KJones

Oct 16, 2005
My friends and me went to the Opeth signing at Scrape Records, guess who was there hanging out with the guys? Guess you already know cuz of my heading, but that was totally cool. Not only got to meet the coolest band on the planet but the best keyboard player as well. Andy was really nice, signed the Winds cd which I bought while I was therem and I got my Opeth albums signed too. Really cool! And the show was awesome! :headbang:

Reveries said:
So thats who he was, i was there at Scrape Records and was wondering where the Fuck Lopez was, im going to have to check out the band Winds

Yeah, Andy Winter and Martin Lopez tend to look a little similar. Not identical twins or anything but definitely a resemblence.

Andy was the guy standing in the corner wearing a The End Records shirt.
Lopez wasn't there at all, he's not joining Opeth on this tour. :/

NineFeetUnderground said:
best keyboardist? eat a dick.

I'm not making sense of your comment. Do you mean simply that it's stupid to evaluate who the world's best keyboardist is, and that only guitar players are worthy of a world's best thread, or do you just think Andy Winter's playing isn't that great? If so I doubt you've even heard it.

ænimated said:
You do know that Andy posts often on the Winds/End Records forum?

Yeah I saw that, that's really cool! I only found out about these forums like a week ago but am hooked now. Think it shows a lot of respect for their fans when bands take the time to post! Not too many bands post on their own boards.