Opeth genre?

Status
Not open for further replies.

opheliaimmortal

New Metal Member
Oct 11, 2005
Canada
What genre of music do you consider Opeth to be?
I know this is a metal forum... but just the other night there was a TV show on "metal" that I decided to watch- and nothing on it even remotely sounded like opeth or anything I listen to (Tristania, Theatre Of Tragedy, Iced Earth, My Dying Bride, ect).
Do you consider Opeth to be metal or progressive or what?

fallpetal

And that is a picture I got taken at the Opeth signing in Vancouver (me with my signed Damnation CD)... I just thought I'd share it because its an interesting mix of opeth and circus arts (I'm a circus artist, contortionist actually).
yes, I know- the photo is horrible quality.

Gunhaver said:
lmao

wtf is with that pic

fat chicks shouldn't be that flexible

Man you are a jackass, she's not fat, but then again you probably like you girls toothpick thin. If it's any consolation opheliaimmortal, I find you attractive. As far as their genre, I would describe them at progresive death. I get so sick and tired of peoples need to classify every band. There are so many types of metal it's ridiculous. When someone asks me what genre Opeth are, I just say, "They're Opeth." There's no one else like them and all you can say is, it's Opeth.

exposeenmity said:
Man you are a jackass, she's not fat, but then again you probably like you girls toothpick thin. If it's any consolation opheliaimmortal, I find you attractive. As far as their genre, I would describe them at progresive death. I get so sick and tired of peoples need to classify every band. There are so many types of metal it's ridiculous. When someone asks me what genre Opeth are, I just say, "They're Opeth." There's no one else like them and all you can say is, it's Opeth.

That's so original.

opheliaimmortal said:
What genre of music do you consider Opeth to be?
I know this is a metal forum... but just the other night there was a TV show on "metal" that I decided to watch- and nothing on it even remotely sounded like opeth or anything I listen to (Tristania, Theatre Of Tragedy, Iced Earth, My Dying Bride, ect).
Do you consider Opeth to be metal or progressive or what?

http://photobucket.com/albums/v280/fallpetal/?action=view&current=01260026.jpg

And that is a picture I got taken at the Opeth signing in Vancouver (me with my signed Damnation CD)... I just thought I'd share it because its an interesting mix of opeth and circus arts (I'm a circus artist, contortionist actually).
yes, I know- the photo is horrible quality.

Just in case you didn´t know Damnation has very little to do with Opeth´s overall sound. That said I don´t think you can label Opeth in any sort of category, but the are deff. metal of some sorts.

FAT?!?!?! WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?!?!?!

I am sorry, but that comment just pissed me off BEYOND BELIEF!!!!!!!!!!
This is what is wrong with society today. That woman is beautiful. She is healthy and she is slim.

A fucking size double 0 is what society says is standard and desired- well I have news for you- IT'S ALL FUCKING BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ophelia, pay no attention to these brain-washed dumbfucks who think every chick with a healthy, natural figure is fat.

By the way, Ophelia, I think you have superb taste in music. I, too, also listen to My Dying Bride and Tristania!

Ever heard of Green Carnation?

There are women that like metal music and you morons have nothing else to do than talking about her size and calling her fat... man that sucks...

I'm there with Header. So few women I know like metal, I'm always psyched when one does. Never mind one who's a contortionist, for God's sake! The possibilities...

The problem with skinny women is because they're comforming to societie's ugly norms and starve themselves to stay thin.Therefore they don't get enough calcium and brake their pelvis during sex.
another thing...

you fucking comformists... you're no better than the 12 year old girls who scream with adoration at lipsyncing teen icons who have 20 producers for each songs on their album.

Status
Not open for further replies.