Opeth Owns Everything!

Hey, Benighted Joe;

I STRONGLY suggest you check out IN THE WOODS... This happens to be one of my favourite bands ever and if it's DYNAMICS you want in your music, imo, they are the NEXT best thing to Opeth. Some of the emotion apparent in their music just makes the hair at the back of my neck stand tall, haha - soooo damn beautiful. You get NO growls here, but damn the vocalist happens to be one of my favourites. Jan Transit has incredible depth, emotion and range.

The albums to check out are OMNIO (which was my fave from them for the loingest time) and STRANGE IN STEREO (which I now prefer over Omnio I think, slightly, because I have recently been able to find out about it.)

All in all, I don't think you'll be disappointed. And hell, if you can't find the tracks, I'll be more than happy enough to rip "some" for you to try out, haha. That's just how CONFIDENT I feel about their music.

Songs to check out;

Weeping Willow (Omnio)
299 796 km/sec (Omnio)
Generally More Married than Worried (SiS)
Titan Transcendance (SiS)
Vanish in the Absence of Virtue (SiS)

These are just a few kick-ass tracks, but all from the two albums I've mentioned are A+++ material.

It's just too unfortunate for me I'll NEVER see these guys live as they have broke up and no longer exist. Such a shame, really. :(

Oh, and in topic with this thread, I too happen to believe Opeth is the greatest band on earth as of right now. There are many, many, MANY bands that come close and are almost on par (Arcturus, Ulver, Katatonia, In the Woods..., Emperor, Porcupine Tree, Tenhi, Pink Floyd, The Beatles, Orphaned Land, Klimt 1918, Antimatter, Anathema, and so on and so on as the list goes on) but I too happen to compare everything to Opeth at times (as stated by my own friends even) because no band quite manages to do for me what they have done through their 8-disc career of sheer magnificence. I think I give them so MUCH credit because they are the ONLY band that have created albums in such consistent fashion where it's almost impossible deciding which album is best. And this can be MOST summed up by the fans, so many having their own favourites of the band. It is truly impressive. I'm beginning to think the talent these guys possess is endless.

Hey, they are the ONLY band I have checked out live multiple times and I'll continue to go see them play live because I KNOW they'll deliver a superb show. This is definitely the band of the moment for me right now and has been for the last 5 years or so. I honestly don't think this'll change anytime soon, as their range/style seems to be limitless.

But anyway, the bands I own the ENTIRE catolgue to happen to be Opeth, Katatonia, Anathema, Antimatter & Arcturus, so I guess that says something about these bands, haha.

Too much great music out there, but people will ALWAYS have their faves. Opeth is THAT band for me. They'll always be first on the list to go see live over and over again - it kinda is like an addiction, for sure.

Alcapoth said:
Hey, Benighted Joe;

I STRONGLY suggest you check out IN THE WOODS... This happens to be one of my favourite bands ever and if it's DYNAMICS you want in your music, imo, they are the NEXT best thing to Opeth.

DUDE! Thanx for the advices! :Spin:

Whilst I was finishing reading your post I downloaded some tracks from ITW to check out.
If I like 'em I'm gonna let you know. :cool:

Yeah it's almost crazy the way one feels about Opeth :)

Gotta go, but thanks again for the response and stuff!

Adios!