Opeth - selling-out?

WHAT IS WITH PEOPLE AND REVIVING THESE DEAD THREADS!?!?
moonlapse, surely there's *something* you can do about this...locking threads that haven't been posted in for a certain amt. of time maybe?

We all naturally want to have something to ourselves, yet share it with others. Most metal fans do not have friends into metal, I would believe. Opeth are so good, metal fans expose others to their music and they attract fans that way, albeit fans with absolutely no idea about metal. Opeth are making money which is allwing them to tour/record albums and remain a band and I think as a result we're all better off for it.

a8o said:
We all naturally want to have something to ourselves, yet share it with others. Most metal fans do not have friends into metal, I would believe. Opeth are so good, metal fans expose others to their music and they attract fans that way, albeit fans with absolutely no idea about metal. Opeth are making money which is allwing them to tour/record albums and remain a band and I think as a result we're all better off for it.

LOL this dude is worse then the guy who had revived this thread. He didn't check the date of the first post and haven't read the last few posts neither...

:wave: Wake up buddy.

Decadent said:
The "LOL@j00" comment is about as limp-wristed as Elton John's pet gerbil.
oh i see what youre saying, haha. well, like i said...i was being sarcastic...silly outbursts like that are not typically part of my repetoire, as i figured most would know by now. :p

Wow we need to let this thread die. But before I do, I would like to say (as well as put this thread back on top one more time), that I don't know how anyone can believe Opeth is mainstream.

More popular than some underground bands? Of course.
Does this make them mainstream? Fuck no. If you want mainstream go check out britney spears or michael jackson.

Opeth is very mainstream, as far as metal goes. Most music stores I've been in sell Opeth CDs (FYE, Borders, etc). Opeth is just as mainstream/popular as My Dying Bride. I've heard that Opeth shirts are hanging up at HotTopic.

As soon as people realize that mainstream doesnt put Opeth in the same league as Britney Spears and J-Lo, they will come to realize that Opeth is a mainstream act, clearly.