OPETH PHOTOS from Toronto

WrthChild

Nov 29, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.jollyrogerinc.com
Great show in Toronto last Friday! Thanks to a photo pass that I got from KOCH Canada (thanks Eric!) I got to spend the show in the photo pit. Given the freedom of movement and not getting kicked in the head by crowdsurfers, I was able to pull off some great shots. The lighting was really strange - spots were almost all red (ugh) and the back-lighting was mostly dark green. I ended up shooting a lot of black & white, since I'm colorblind (seriously) and couldn't be bothered to work with the strange lights. I met lots of UMers there (Duvall, Slipknot_isn't_metal, SFall, Domination) which was really cool - you guys rule! Also got the chance to meet Peter and Mikael backstage, which was really cool. They were genuinely friendly guys, and lots of fun to hang out with.

So anyway, I took a total of 123 photos at the show (about 50 of Opeth, 25 of each of the other bands). Everything is online at my site:

http://www.jollyrogerinc.com/photo/2003/opeth-operahouse.html

And for your immediate viewing pleasure...

PRAETORIA

opeth-operahouse-020-small.jpg

TAPPING THE VEIN

opeth-operahouse-038-small.jpg

PARADISE LOST

opeth-operahouse-049-small.jpg

opeth-operahouse-059-small.jpg

OPETH

opeth-operahouse-077-small.jpg

opeth-operahouse-096-small.jpg

opeth-operahouse-103-small.jpg

opeth-operahouse-113-small.jpg

opeth-operahouse-086-small.jpg

opeth-operahouse-121-small.jpg

Once again, to view the full set of photos, check out my site:

http://www.jollyrogerinc.com/photo/2003/opeth-operahouse.html

Enjoy!

aye good photos but it seems that they like to wear the same shirts night after night, i saw them saturday in cleveland and they all had on the same shirts as in the pics, lol

Originally posted by Lacent
aye good photos but it seems that they like to wear the same shirts night after night, i saw them saturday in cleveland and they all had on the same shirts as in the pics, lol

True, but think of how hard it must be to do laundry when you're on tour! Besides, if they're anything like me, they probably didn't even bother to pack a change of clothes. :lol: