Opeth/PT PHOTOS from Toronto

WrathChld

Rehab is for quitters.
Mar 10, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.markcoatsworth.com
Just dropping in to post my photos from last night's Opeth/Porcupine Tree show in Toronto. It was a really neat show, they pulled off the "mellow" concert idea very well. In a weird way, it was quite natural... I guess that Opeth is just such a classy band, that a nice theatre and seats kinda makes sense. Anyway, I fired a bunch of pictures on my Canon EOS-10D, and was extremely happy with the results.

Full goods are online here:

http://www.jollyrogerinc.com/photo/2003/opeth-musichall.html

And some quick teasers...

OPETH

opeth-musichall-006-sm.jpg

opeth-musichall-013-sm.jpg

opeth-musichall-014-sm.jpg

opeth-musichall-022-sm.jpg

opeth-musichall-026-sm.jpg

PORCUPINE TREE

opeth-musichall-032-sm.jpg

opeth-musichall-037-sm.jpg

opeth-musichall-039-sm.jpg

opeth-musichall-048-sm.jpg

Awesome shots man! Not hat anyone would expect anything but greatness from your band shots! I love how you got the "O" in a bunch of shots in cool angles in the Opeth pics, it's lit in a surreal way. The band should use one of the shots for a DVD, if that rumour is true.....

Till Fjalls said:
Awesome shots man! Not hat anyone would expect anything but greatness from your band shots! I love how you got the "O" in a bunch of shots in cool angles in the Opeth pics, it's lit in a surreal way. The band should use one of the shots for a DVD, if that rumour is true.....

Thanks Rick! Yeah, I intentionally stuffed the O into as many shots as possible. It's an absolutely beautiful logo, and adds a really nice dimension to the pictures.

WrathChld said:
Thanks Rick! Yeah, I intentionally stuffed the O into as many shots as possible. It's an absolutely beautiful logo, and adds a really nice dimension to the pictures.

By the way, I was in HMV today, and I noticed a band called Wrathchild....Uhhh, I don't like to judge a book (or an album) by it's cover, but the band seems like they should be amusing if nothing else! 80's to the fullest extent was my first impression. I'll have to check them out. Either way, I hope you took the name from the Maiden song, :D

metalatheist is right - it's totally an Iron Maiden reference. My avatar should be a dead giveaway :) I've seen that Wrathchild CD before, and you're right, it does look pretty funny. But not quite as funny as the new Helloween.