PHOTOS from Metal Gods show in Toronto

WrathChld

Rehab is for quitters.
Mar 10, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.markcoatsworth.com
Well, the Metal Gods show came through Toronto last night, and a great time was had by all. It's too bad that Amon Amarth couldn't play a longer set - they were my favorite band there next to Immortal and Halford, and I could have done without some of the openers. Nonetheless, amazing show, and hope that some of these bands will make it through here again.

I was shooting with my new camera (Canon EOS-10D, with Canon EF 24-85 f/3.5-4.5 lens) which turned out some pretty spectacular results. I wish I could have had some more practice before this show, but I'm still pretty happy with what I got.

Full set of photos online here:
http://www.jollyrogerinc.com/photo/2003/metalgods-oh.html

AMON AMARTH

metalgods-oh-069-sm.jpg

metalgods-oh-073-sm.jpg

metalgods-oh-057-sm.jpg

metalgods-oh-054-sm.jpg

metalgods-oh-049-sm.jpg

IMMORTAL

metalgods-oh-125-sm.jpg

metalgods-oh-130-sm.jpg

HALFORD

metalgods-oh-152-sm.jpg

metalgods-oh-162-sm.jpg

metalgods-oh-167-sm.jpg

Hope you all like them!

http://www.jollyrogerinc.com/photo/2003/metalgods-oh.html

Hey kick ass work. I was kinda laughing when I compared AA to Immortial in all their cheesy grimness haha, what a bunch of fags. Those cavetrolls have always annoyed me.

lol cavetrolls. yeah they are more like dungion snails, i dunno man. AA kicks ass though.. Whoa you gotta picture of Fred.. mm -|- :D If i have any gutts when i see him next, im goina ask him to get a pic with me. lol. ya right, im such a wuss when it comes to meeting guys i think kick ass.. damnit =*(
Any going to the dallas Show ?

Patric said:
Hey kick ass work. I was kinda laughing when I compared AA to Immortial in all their cheesy grimness haha, what a bunch of fags. Those cavetrolls have always annoyed me.

bah :) immortal are great, their latest album is a killer. i personally think that they/their music are/is quite grim, perhaps the corpse paint looks a bit corny live but think it fits the music.

spaffe said:
bah :) immortal are great, their latest album is a killer. i personally think that they/their music are/is quite grim, perhaps the corpse paint looks a bit corny live but think it fits the music.
Corpse paint always makes me think of Peter Criss' "cat boy" make up, am I the only one with that problem?

Nah I'm not a black metal hater, hey there's many bands I listen to that are Black. Immortal are just sooo fucking cheesy that i gets on my nerves, hey the biggest wonder for me is how those band members can go on like that without knowing how STUPID they look.

Really? I'm actually a huge Immortal fan, they've been one of my favorite bands for a while now. Their stage show is a bit overdone, but it fits in perfectly with the themes and moods from the albums. And I don't think the band takes themselves all that seriously... I met Abbath after the Manowar show last year, and he was going around in a cowboy hat in leather boots :)

Patric said:

I think Immortal are great, but I have to agree that that corpse paint of theirs reminds me of Kiss :p

And Johan is of course much more mannly than Abbath ;)

Aggressor said:
I think Immortal are great, but I have to agree that that corpse paint of theirs reminds me of Kiss :p

And Johan is of course much more mannly than Abbath ;)

Maybe cause Johan is all man and Abbath is all FLAB :loco:

I'm not humourless, I listen to these guys for hells sake www.rw.dk :Smug: