Testament photos from Wacken

WrathChld

Rehab is for quitters.
Mar 10, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.markcoatsworth.com
I'm cross-posting these web links in a bunch of different UM forums, so sorry if you've seen them already. Anyway, took a bunch of pictures of Testament at this past Wacken festival from my cushy spot in the photo pit. Some nice results; I could have done with more time, but still happy with how they turned out. All photos were taken on a Canon EOS-10D with 24-85 mm. lens.

Here's the web link:

http://www.jollyrogerinc.com/photo/2003/woa2003day2_mark13.html

And a few samples:

woa2003day2-147.jpg

woa2003day2-153.jpg

woa2003day2-155.jpg

woa2003day2-160.jpg

woa2003day2-166.jpg

Enjoy!!!

http://www.jollyrogerinc.com/photo/2003/woa2003day2_mark13.html

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaark honey, found your way to UM I see!! It's Ann, the blonde photographer from Wacken and Summer Breeze.. Great to see you here.. You certainly have some killer pics on your website.. Congrats.. :hotjump:
Check out mine too if you have a moment..

Ann, great to hear from you! I've already seen your photos - they've amazing! Very nice work. Were you able to get them into any magazines or anything like that?

Testament Legions - yeah, I made a few posts on the Halford board back in the day. I'm a pretty shameless board whore :D

o_O
Killer picks !!
Testament played one of the greatest shows of the Wacken O.A. festival, this year, ... and Slayer the worst !
I've taped the show, nobody wants to trade ????????
:D :D :D

Marlies said:
Hi WrathChild! We met in Wacken too (I'm Nico Wobben's wife)! Yours and Ann's pics rule !:headbang:

Ann, see ya friday (Evergrey)? :)

A stampeed of wild horses can't drag me away from Biebob on friday.. I'm going to France too the day after.. :hotjump: And it seems like Henk (HAvermout) is coming to so let's share some beers..

Anneke said:
Were you that guy that was in the photopit with us with his digital videocamera?

No. I don't tape so close to the stage.
I did it with a minidisc recorder, and it sounds good, in spite of the hard conditions of an open air festival (crowd, wind, limited soundcheck so the sound is not as good as a concert hall ...).

And of course, without authorization. But who can stop a die hard fan !?

:D :D :D

Ann, you didn't like In Flames? I wasn't as impressed by the at Wacken, but I thought the Summer Breeze set was amazing.

Marlies - good to see you on here! Tell Nico I say hi... I meant to send an email sooner, but I've been ridiculously busy with school, work and looking for a new apartment. And tell him also that his pics look great!

WrathChld said:
Ann, you didn't like In Flames? I wasn't as impressed by the at Wacken, but I thought the Summer Breeze set was amazing.

I didn't like their show at Wacken.. To me it felt like they were playing on automatic pilot, there was no fire whatsoever in their play.. At Summer Breeze it was the opposite.. I loved that show!!! Was the best IF-gig I ever saw.

I agree about Slayer at Wacken.I thought they were pretty bad.Testament,Primal Fear,Stratovarius, & Dew Scented were the best acts at Wacken.I'm planning on going in 2005(can't this year,no money).I had a great time at WOA.