Votes: 16 21.1%
  • My Arms Your Hearse

Votes: 11 14.5%
  • Morningrise

Votes: 24 31.6%
  • Orchid

Votes: 6 7.9%

• Total voters
This has probably been done before, but i don't care. Which is the best Opeth album? I vote for Still Life

i think that i even did this at one stage :lol:

morningrise as per usual

My fave Opeth album seems to change every month. However, Still Life has been my favourite for a while now. Before that it was Orchid and before that MAYH and before that Morningrise.... Hmm, Blackwater Park hasn't quite been there yet. Maybe it'll be next.

Morningrise is an absolute masterpiece!!! The greatest album I have ever heard to this date! Each one of the 5 songs are simply superb in their structure and every time I listen to them I get the chills. Black Rose Immortal is IMO, the single, best song Opeth has written. Such a wondrous epic it is indeed!

Well, anyway, that's enough of my raving at the moment. I shall say this, however, that all 5 of Opeth's albums have such stunning melodies. They are all so amazing! Now, if I had to place them in order it would have to be like this: and man, it's tough comparing....

Morningrise
My Arms, Your Hearse
Orchid (I'm sure this will be 2nd once I hear the rest of the songs - this is based on "In the Mist she was Standing" + "Forest of October" - incredible songs!!!!)
Blackwater Park
Still Life

Morningrise just had the greatest impact on me.

Heh...looking at the results I say to myself, maybe I should have voted for Orchid since it has the least votes....unfortunately.....

I don't honestly see how Orchid and Morningrise are THAT different to new Opeth.

They've progressed their sound abit, but the changes haven't been all that dramatic, which, depending on your pov, is either a plus or a minus.

Personally, I think it's great. They are the best at what they do, and every composition they release is a masterpiece.

I can't believe that 'Orchid' is loosing...

Many fans of Opeth here seem to just be discovering them, though... So it seems appropriate that the new albums, which got many into Opeth's music, are their favorite...

Oh, well... Morningrise is winning... :)
Which is great...

You know obviously I love every album they have put out and have been a fan since MAYH but I honestly have to say that I think Blackwater Park is their best! Someone said that they didn't see the difference between the older stuff and the newer stuff. There isn't a huge difference but vocally I prefer Mikael's gutteral death metal vocal as opposed to the higher pitched more black metalesque scream he did on the first two. Not that I hate that vocal I would just have to say I prefer the newer stuff. His clean vox have also improved tremendously. But who are we kidding, I mean whatever think their "worst" album would be(and I don't even want to think that negatively!) it would have to be 10x better than most other bands best material!:D