Votes: 55 26.7%
  • Deliverance

Votes: 18 8.7%
  • Damnation

Votes: 7 3.4%
  • Ghost Reveries

Votes: 29 14.1%

• Total voters
No contest for me, Morningrise takes the prize. They say the first album you hear from a band is usually your favorite, and if that is the case then I bet the majority of the people who chose GR or Blackwater Park are fairly new fans of Opeth. All good albums. Hard to beat Morningrise in my book.

I'm always flipping between Morningrise and My Arms, Your Hearse as my favorite Opeth album. None of their other albums, particularly their last three, even come close to the cold atmosphere on these two albums. Still Life comes pretty damn close, but the guitars sound a little thin on this album. And I used to love Blackwater Park, but I haven't had the urge to listen to it in well over a year now. But I know that album has a pretty dark atmosphere as well. My ranking:

1. Morningrise
2. My Arms, Your Hearse
3. Still Life
4. Orchid
5. Blackwater Park
6. Ghost Reveries
7. Damnation
8. Deliverance

I had to choose between BWP, SL and Deliverance... I chose Deliverance!

AirNorton said:
Still Life and MAYH. Nothing comes fucking close!

!!!

Still Life
My Arms Your Hearse
Blackwater Park
Deliverance
Morningrise
Damnation
Ghost Reveries
Orchid

I agree with the fellow above me.
Deliverance is a great album too.

BWP > MAYH > Deliverance > Ghost Reveries > Orchid > Morningrise > Still Life > Damnation.

Something along those lines.
Bet not many people would agree with that :p

Keltoi said:
They say the first album you hear from a band is usually your favorite, and if that is the case then I bet the majority of the people who chose GR or Blackwater Park are fairly new fans of Opeth.

First Opeth album I heard in full was GR, but MAYH is my favourite album overall.