• Collage

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ratt

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

TRrEiTxIxRiE DTrash

New Metal Member
Apr 14, 2001
People here seem to like Ratt which rocks coz they are so damn good! So what's your fave Ratt album!! I find it really hard to choose because EVERYTHING up until the best of in 1991 was so consistent in my opinion. I love the crunch of the early ones, and I love the grooves and hooks of the later ones.

I'd have to go with Detonator though, JUST. Mainly coz of Warren's very melodic and also somehow "sexy" sounding guitar work, and the awesome songs. All it needs is the crunch of Invasion Of Your Privacy and it would be perfect!

Very honourable mentions to Dancing Undercover, Invasion Of Your Privacy and Out Of The Cellar!

Ratt has always shown talent, and although they're not thrash or 'metal', I think they are great to listen to. I vote Invasion..., but Out of the Cellar is a close second.

Their new Yellow covered RATT album is also very listenable.

My vote goes to "Out Of The Cellar". That album is just too good. "Invasion Of Your Privacy" gets the honorable mention. Ratt needs remasteres very badly. I would kill to have the Ratt EP. I am 16 years old so unfortionetly I wasn't around when that album came out and now I can't get it since it is out of print. It usually goes for $45-$50 on Ebay used.

Ratt is metal for sure as far as I'm concerned. LA metal at its best.

Good to see Invasion winning coz I've heard people bag that album and I think it rocks, its bmy 2nd fave probably.

Originally posted by Deadly Embrace
Out Of The Cellar is their center piece, runner-up Goes to Invasion Of Your Privacy.............& then the albums get weaker & weaker..............
I'LL HAVE TO AGREE WITH YOU ON THIS ONE. ALSO PEARCY'S VOICE GOT WORSE & WORSE WITH EVERY RECORDS THEN AFTER.
HOW WEAK WAS THE RECORD FOR EPIC? MADE DETONATOR SOUND LIKE ZEP IV....

I think Detonator was actually an awesome comeback after Reach For The Sky and possibly their most consistent album, it missed the crunch in the guitar tone but man Warren's guitar work, the hooks and the grooves were their best ever and I think Stephen Pearcy sounded less constipated on it too haha. :)

I can kinda see what you mean with the song "One Step Away". That's the only song on it I don't really like and it does seem to be too much of an attempt at a single.

The rest kicks arse :headbang:

The opening Riff to 'Lay It Down' is one of the baddest Riffs ever created! "Invasion Of Your Privacy is a very solid album, but the best has got to be "Out Of The Cellar"! 'Wanted Man', 'Back For More' are the best! Warren D Martini is one of the best Rock Guitarist out there along with Dokkens George Lynch!

I seen RATT on that 1 hit wonders Metal edition on VH-1! I thought that was very insulting! RATT had a lot of hits & chart toppers! I think RATT gets written off and thrown in the same catagory as Poison & thats just a load of Shit! Despite their silly image, RATT was one of the best bands ever in the 80's! They deserve alot more respect! I'd love to see a Behind The Music on these Guys!

Robin Crosby R.I.P.

Has anyone heard the new RATT with Jizzy Pearl (Love/Hate vocalist) on vocals?

I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN. I GUESS RADIO "HITS" DON'T COUNT?
IT'S WHAT PUSHED RECORD SALES FOR THESE BANDS. SO WHAT IF ONLY ONE WAS A TOP 40 POP HIT? SAME WITH QUIET RIOT, TOO MUCH TIME IS BEING SPENT ON THE "HIT" THEY HAD. THEY NEVER MENTION THE RADIO HITS, EVEN ON DISCS THAT TANKED.
EXAMPLE THE WILD & THE YOUNG. PRETTY GOOD TRACK ON A WEAK LP. BTM OF RATT WOULD BE SOMETHING. TOO CROSBY WOULDN'T BE THERE...
I HAVE SEEN A BOOTLEG VIDEO OF JIZZY W/RATT.
IT'S WEIRD SEENING HIM THERE SINGING RATT SONGS. KIND OF LIKE WHEN CORABI TOOK OVER FOR VINCE. IT'S NOT BAD, JUST WEIRD. WHICH HOW IS IT THAT CORABI IS THAT "NEW" RATT TOO!

Originally posted by vengeance
Warren D Martini is one of the best Rock Guitarist out there along with Dokkens George Lynch!

HELL YEAH! Lynch & DeMartini are both in my top 5 guitarists of all time! :) Brilliant!

And I have to agree about the Lay It Down riff... that was the riff that made me get hooked on Ratt!

I voted for OotC but IoYP is cool too. I have always considered Demartini as a top 20 guitarist. I think he was right up there with Viv campbell, Akira takasaki, George Lynch and Vito Bratta as far as mid-80s wonderkids on guitars. I would love to hear him play with Dio. I hope he sticks around with Ronnie. Dio has never been close to his peak as when Viv was playing axe for him.

Bryant

I choose Dancing Undercover since it was the first Ratt tape I officially owned and I've probably listened to it 30-40 times. I agree with The Trooper that Detonator was underappreciated and is a very good album. Here's a surprise, I love the Ratt comeback album. I think Reach for the Sky and Invasion of Your Privacy are their weakest and Collage was cool, but only a few new songs. Of course the debut is what everyone thinks of. However, to call Ratt a 1 hit wonder is so stupid, afterall they had 4 albums go platinum. By the way, I've never liked Stephen Pearcy's voice live.

P.S. Anyone hear the solo Pearcy album called Social Intercourse??