Help me find some awesome Hair Metal albums!

I found some more really cool used CD's!

Badlands - "Voodoo Highway": This is a really cool blusey metal album with former Ozzy guitarist Jake E Lee. Alota good songs on here, and it has a really cool swampy blues vibe sorta thing going on.

M.S.G. (McAuley-Schenker Group) - S/T: Fantastic album! There are tons of songs on here that sound like they could have been SUPER big hair hits of the 80's, but this album was released in '91. I'm pretty sure I've heard several of these songs on the radio before, but it's been a very long time ago. Not one single song on here short of excellent, and alot of great choruses too! And it of course has guitar legend Michael Schenker on guitar, and he really goes all out on his guitar solos here. This is definitely one of the best hair metal albums I've ever heard.

Dangerous Toys - S/T: Another forgotten hair band that really rocks, and some good rocker there are on this one as well. The cover with the demented jack in the box is really cool too.

Great White - Psycho City: I kept hearing that this was a criminally underrated Great White album, and indeed, it is! Every song is a good one. There's some long ones on here, and lots of laid back bluesy lead guitar that runs on and on at times, but in a good way!

I also put in an order with my music club for "Shout at the Devil" and that Riot CD that was only 3.99.

sixxswine said:
One band that isn't under the Hair Metal catergory is The Black Crowes, good rock 'n roll if you're into the blue collar type rock dished out like Tesla & Guns N Roses....

I agree. Their first album is pretty solid. I also love the song "Wiser Time." Talk about some harmony vocals. Brother Cane is another one along the line of Black Crows. Blues/Southern Rock based band from Alabama, but with some good crunchy stuff on "Wishpool."

Bryant

Jason said:
The only Hair/Glam albums I own are Vinnie Vincent Invasion's S/T; Dokken's "Tooth and Nail", "Under Lock and Key", and "Back for the Attack"; Ratt's "Out of the Cellar" and "Invasion of Your Privacy; Cinderella's "Night Songs"; and LA Guns' S/T. Out of those, I like "Vinnie Vincent Invasion" and "Back for the Attack" the most. I don't care for the Ratt albums too much; the guitar solos are too quiet in the mix IMO. I like loud, soaring guitar solos.

:)

Actually Ratt had a smoking guitarist in Warren Demartini and Robbin Crosby wasn't bad in his own right, so I am surprised you didn't like the guitar. If you want one of the best "hair metal" guitarist, you should check out White Lion though. They were very hit and miss in their songwriting. Some songs were good and some sucked, but Vito bratta (the guitarist) was flat out incredible. I won't lie and say Vito didn't suffer a little bit from Eddievanhalenitis, but I hear more influence than I do a copycat. I can put on White Lion to this day and am still blown away by Vito's playing. The singer, Mike Tramp had a pretty good raspy voice too..... they just couldn't write solid albums that were good cover to cover and they had some bubble gum stuff even by hair band standards.

Bryant

Hey I remember that White Lion song When the Children Cry. I'm guessing not all their songs are that soft, but that was a dang good song anyway. I had forgotten about this band. I'll try to find one of their albums because I'd definitely like to hear what else they got.

And I found some more cool hair metal albums today. Two of them I got for .50 cents each!

Flame - S/T: HAS ANYBODY HEARD OF THIS BAND? They have to be one of the most forgotten about hair bands ever because I can't find anything on them. Not even on Allmusic.com. I noticed there were a few of these albums at Half.com though. Apparently they only released this one album and then disappeared. Well, I got this still sealed for .50 cents, and the only reason I knew they were a metal band was by their pictures on the back cover. But this is a frickin awesome album with alota good rockers!

BulletBoys - "Za-Za": This was also only .50 cents. Haven't listened to it yet but I know its got former Ratt vocalist Marq Torien, so I'm expecting more good hair metal.

Skid Row - S/T: Oh! This one's frickin' awesome! Thanks for recommending it. Definitely one of my very favorite hair metal albums now. :D

Oh, and about Ratt, I opened my mouth before I gave those albums a proper chance. They grew on me alot the second listen, which is odd for me because I can usually always tell on the first listen whether I love an album or not. I think I was just in a very bad mood (I was) when I listened to them the first time because I see clearly now that they rock! Still, I really wish Warren's solos were louder in the mix because smoke he does.

I might Get totally Flamed for this but .... I was Listening to Stryper - Against the Law today What A great Album You should try and hunt it down its great Check out the tune "Caught in the Middle" Its the essence of what 80's Hard rock/Heavy Metal was I swear

JonnyD said:
I might Get totally Flamed for this but .... I was Listening to Stryper - Against the Law today What A great Album You should try and hunt it down its great Check out the tune "Caught in the Metal" Its the essence of what 80's Hard rock/Heavy Metal was I swear

There's some good shredding on there by Oz Fox! They used Tom Werman on that record, that explains the more glam/edgier sound....
I think that someone were to dig melodic rock this would be a good find.
Even the cover of Shining Star is "fair," by the way the guy playing bass on that track is that fat bastard from American Idol-------> Randy Jackson.:loco:

Here's two good ones:

Kick Axe - Vices and Welcome to the club
Icon - Night of the crime.

Exellent vocals and leads on all the above albums

Jason said:
Hey I remember that White Lion song When the Children Cry. I'm guessing not all their songs are that soft, but that was a dang good song anyway. I had forgotten about this band. I'll try to find one of their albums because I'd definitely like to hear what else they got.

That reminds me..... I wouldn't call them a "hair band" as they were basically unknown, but former Black Sabbath vocalist Tony Martin sang in a band named after the guitarist "Misha Calvin." The title is called Evolution (not Evolution II) and it's been remastered. The style is similar to mid-80s Whitesnake but Tony Martin flat out wails on the songs he sings (about half of them.) If you like the pop-metal style I couldn't recommend ANY band more than this one. Had this hit MTV in the 80s, Martin and Calvin would have been millionaires. The guitar is smoking as well as the vocals. Great great great disc.

Bryant

Check out Lizzy Borden. They are amazing. Their style is like early Motley Crue meets W.A.S.P. Columbia House should have their greatest hits cd. Thats where I got mine from.

Also check out this other great hair metal band called Autograph. They were discovered by David Lee Roth himself.

OH yeah I just thught of one

Every Mothers Nightmare - Wake up screaming

Pick that one up you wont be dissapointed some of you prolly remember their song " I hate Myself" great stuff I love that band