Underrated & forgotten "hair" bands!

TRrEiTxIxRiE DTrash

New Metal Member
Apr 14, 2001
I've been away from here for a while pretty busy but I thought I'd make a thread about what glam, hair, sleaze, hard rock, melodic rock, AOR etc type bands & albums who seem to be forgotten by the general rock & metal crowd these days you think are UNREAL and should be remembered!!!

Here are some that I love...

Sic Vikki - Danger Danger style melodic hard rock!
Roxx Gang - sleaze/glam with a darker edge! Killer debut!
Spread Eagle - the faster songs are kinda crap but the more groove oriented ones are fucking nasty sleaze attitude to the MAX! I have "Hot Sex" played in a strip club here! Awesome awesome vocals, so nasty!
Roxx - these guys were totally forgotten, "Outlaws, Fools & Thieves" rocks, I love Rocking Horse, What's A Boy To Do, Give Me Your Heart... awesome glam with a melodic touch
Erotic Suicide - super heavy and nasty sleaze metal! The debut is mega trashy and I love it, and the follow up in 1998 is even better, with some gerat heavy metal songs, great sleaze/glam songs, and great melodic songs too. UNREAL! And Zakk style squeals and tone galore!
Treat - suich a consistent band, Swedish melodic rock and every album is great from Scratch & Bite in 1985 through to Muscle In Motion which came out in 2001 (but recorded in 1992). Awesome stuff, You Won't See My Cryin, Better Off Without Your Love, Gimme One More Night, Ride Me High, Rev It Up, Sole Survivor, Take Me On Your Wings, fuck they have alot of KILLER songs!
Vain - "No Respect" is in my top 2 albums of all time along with Vinnie Vincent Invasion!!!!!!! Absolutely top notch songwriting which is the main driving factor of this band, plus some fuckin hot & sweaty sexy atmosphere! I have these guys regularly played in a strip club too and the girls LOVE them and sing along to every word!!!!!!
Black N Blue - these guys shouldn't need anything said about them. Should have been HUGE!!!! Even Bon Jovi gave them credit for inspiring the awsome Slippery When Wet album and making them choose Fairbain as the producer, coz they loved Black N Blue's "Without Love" so much and couldn't stop playing it on the tour bus and said WE NEED THIS PRODUCER! Even named a song on Slippery after that album!
Shotgun Messiah - Debut is one of the best guitar albums ever recorded, hands down! And start to finish packed with attitude and no filler!!!

That's all I can be fucked writing at the moment! I've made a couple of CDs full of this kinda stuff for a strip club here in Melbourne and the girls & staff love it so much that I'm starting as the Thursday night DJ now! The CDs I've made are packed with Sic Vikki, Bulletboys, Vain, Black N Blue, Ratt, Silent Rage, King Kobra, Talisman (Soto RULES!), Danger Danger, De Mont, Spread Eagle, Shotgun Messiah, Aerosmith, KISS, Van Halen, David Lee Roth, Scorpions, Poison, Winger, House Of Lords, Lee Aaron, Slaughter, etc!

If glam & "hair" bands aren't making a comeback then I'm not Trixxi Trash! Everyone fuckin loves it! Customers ask the bar staff what CD is playing coz they want a copy! The time is right for some new bands to come out crankin' hot & sweaty 80s style sleaze metal/hard rock I reckon!

Well done TriXX taking care of a glam Renaissance in Australia!! You are a one man culture shock! :headbang: :wave:

Here are some of those bands I like:

Icon: s/t and "Night of the crime"
Kick Axe - s/t and "Welcome to the Club"
Survivor - "Too Hot To Sleep"

Hawk said:
Here are some of those bands I like:

Icon: s/t and "Night of the crime"

They never recovered from the lead vocalist leaving the band, IMO. I love the s/t album. I don't like NotC nearly as much. I also picked up a casette of theirs called "A More Perfect Union" or something. It wasn't bad but a little more towards the sappy side of things.

Back in the mid-late 80's they were *the* band in Phoenix. After them was Rob Halford's pet project Surgical Steel, somewhat of a Priest clone band (go figure). The lead singer went on to Racer X. Last of the big three was Flotsam and Jetsam with Jason Newsted. After F&J made it reasonably big, Sacred Reich showed up on the local scene. It was a really good time to live in Phoenix! :headbang:

After thinking about it a bit more, I forgot to include Keel in the Phoenix mix. They were technically an LA band but Ron Keel is a local Phoenix boy. They'd also fit in to the thread.

Also, to add a bit more to the thread, Rough Cutt. Paul Shortino was one of the most kick ass vocalists back then.

I liked D'Priest Playa Del Rock, this was supposed to be the last London record, but the "key" members left the band prior to the recording & Nadir kept the material & rolled tape...
Here a couple of other bands that were forgotten, but I felt were great, Jailhouse, which featured 3/5 of the band Rough Cutt, I also liked Arcade with Stephen Pearcy & Fred Coury of Cinderella, great band, that never broke big, a better band than the later Ratt years too! House of Lords, noit really Glam, but were out about that time & due to their alliance with Gene Simmons, had their name out there, but in the end their partnership wound up hurting more than helping. I like the Sahara & Demons Down records better than their debut, which was too keyboard heavy. More of an ELP sound than the AOR stuff that they where later known for.

JonnyD said:
Hey! I remember one from when I was a kid! Babylon A.D. I had their 2nd album.... Cant remember the title but I did like it an awful lot 13 years ago :D another one I liked Was Asphalt Ballet :D

It's called "Nothing Sacred" I have and other than the cheesy song title on the opening track its a great 80's Hair Band CD!

Sixx and Trixie,

if you haven't checked out Jetboy I highly recommend them! I just discovered them last year with their CD "Another Day in the Glamorous Life" and it is absolutely a GLAM Classic! :headbang: Their other CD are not as good so start with "Glamorous"!

Narcosynthesys68 said:
I saw Mama's Boys live once a long ass time ago... They were cool. I think they opened for VVI. How about that one? Vinnie Vincent's first solo disc fucking hammered!!!

O yea! The first Vinnie Vincent disc SMOKES!! I completly forgot to mention it. If you want to hear some serious shredding this disc is the one to hear. :worship:

Dangerous Toys are really cool. Sleez Beez had some good songs, as well. But for me, the vast majority of whatever hair metal i enjoy are from the better known bands.

Trixxi Trash said:
I've been away from here for a while pretty busy but I thought I'd make a thread about what glam, hair, sleaze, hard rock, melodic rock, AOR etc type bands & albums who seem to be forgotten by the general rock & metal crowd these days you think are UNREAL and should be remembered!!!

Black and Blue wasn't bad at all. I liked Tangier as well.

Bryant