Favorite 80s hair metal ballads.

first the title says 80's hair bands then in your post you say list the ballads by your favorite GLAM bands.

Well, if you would've read the thread closely and carefully, you would've known that the title of the thread says "Favorite 80s hair metal ballads".

do you want glam metal or pop (aka) hair metal?

lol wut?

most of the bands you listed aren't glam metal. pop/hair metal is a term that encompasses all the crazy subgenres of what was known as the sunset strip scene (glam, sleaze,etc).

Glam metal, hair metal, pop metal, cock rock, sleaze rock, whatever. It's all basically the same thing, or at least similar enough. Oh, and I completely mentioned that Sonata Arctica aren't glam, but the song I mentioned sounds so close to a hair ballad that it might as well be one, which is why I listed it.

the other thing thats wrong is the thread says 80's bands and firehouse is a 90's band. their first album was released in 1990

Who gives a fuck? When I said 80s hair bands, I meant bands that have the 80s glam sound. They don't exactly have to be from the 80s. Besides, in 1990, hair metal was still very mainstream, so in my opinion at least, 1990 might as well be part of the 80s, and thus, Firehouse deserves a mention.

Steelheart - She's Gone

Europe - Carrie

Eddie by TNT is funny because it's sounds like it's going to be a love song but it's about a murdering nutter.

yeah you guys got them all, but some mentioned arent ballads
Cinderella Long Cold Winter... really a minor blues but oh... so fucking powerful
Great White - Save your love

good call on the Steelheart songs, they both probably contain the most intense display of the vocal style of the times.

It's gotta be Skid Row's I Remember You. A Mötley song can be the mother of all ballads but this is the hot 20yo daughter.

By the way, I'm seeing Bach live tonight, should be great...:headbang:

Night Ranger - Sister Christian
Cinderella - Don't Know What You've Got
Queensryche - Silent Lucidity (i know, i know)
Extreme - Song For Love
LA Guns - Ballad of Jayne
Slaughter - Fly to the Angels
Great White - Afterglow
Steelheart - Electric Love Child
Helix - Dream On
Vinnie Vincent - Back On The Streets
Jackyl - Secret Of The Bottle (haha)
WASP - Cries In The Night
Electric Boys - Bed Of Roses
Cats N Boots - Every Sunrise

heres one i don't think i saw mentioned but the thread can be ended now
danger danger- i still think about you

ted poley is a singing mofo and still sounds great to this day. he was a better singer back in the day than most of the bigger bands and he's a better singer now. plus andy timmons was a better guitar player than mick mars, cc deville and richie sambora combined

Last edited by a moderator: