Favorite 80s hair metal ballads.

IWP

80s freak
Apr 30, 2006
Philly
This is a thread where you list your favorite ballads from those 80s glam bands that we all know and love. Here's my list.

Whitesnake - Is This Love?
Poison - Every Rose Has It's Thorne, Life Goes On, and Something to Believe In
Def Leppard - Hysteria
Bon Jovi - Never Say Goodbye and I'll Be There For You
Firehouse - Love of a Lifetime
Warrant - Heaven
Skid Row - 18 & Life
Guns & Roses - Sweet Child O' Mine
Sonata Arctica - The Misery (Alright, so Sonata Arctica isn't glam, but this might as well be a hair ballad considering that it sounds so similar to one.)

theres a few things wrong with your thread already. first the title says 80's hair bands then in your post you say list the ballads by your favorite GLAM bands. most of the bands you listed aren't glam metal. do you want glam metal or pop (aka) hair metal? pop/hair metal is a term that encompasses all the crazy subgenres of what was known as the sunset strip scene (glam, sleaze,etc). the other thing thats wrong is the thread says 80's bands and firehouse is a 90's band. their first album was released in 1990

Overall, among so called "hair bands", Skid Row ballads are the best: "18 & life", "I remember you", "Quuicksand Jesus", "Wasted time" and "In a darkened room".

I love Mötley Crue, one of my all-time fave bands. However, I´m not too much on their ballads, even famous "home sweet home". Not exactly a ballad but I prefer "On with the show".

Besides, some of them aren´t "hair bands" for me and some aren´t exactly ballads but a little list from that era:

BATON ROUGE: The price of love (Kelly Keeling=vocal god)
DANGER DANGER: I still think about you
EVERY MOTHER´S NIGHTMARE: Love can make you blind
GREAT WHITE: House of broken love
HARDLINE: Change of heart
I, NAPOLEON: Every time I saw your picture
JUNKYARD: Simple man
LILLIAN AXE: The world stopped turning
LILLIAN AXE: See you someday
SAIGON KICK: God of 42nd street
SHARK ISLAND: Bad for each other (Richard Black :worship:)
SHARK ISLAND: Why should I believe
STEELHEART: I´ll never let you go
TYKETTO: Standing alone

Overall, among so called "hair bands", Skid Row ballads are the best: "18 & life", "I remember you", "Quuicksand Jesus", "Wasted time" and "In a darkened room".

Quicksand Jesus, Wasted Time and In a Darkened Room. All masterpieces.

I agree with all but '18 & Life' I don't consider it a ballad but it's one hell of a song.

BTW I don't consider Skid Row a glam/hair band either.

Yeah!! Just listen "Slave to the grind" album. That´s heavy metal :headbang:

Indeed!
headbanger.gif

I love Mötley Crue, one of my all-time fave bands. However, I´m not too much on their ballads, even famous "home sweet home". Not exactly a ballad but I prefer "On with the show".

Besides, some of them aren´t "hair bands" for me and some aren´t exactly ballads but a little list from that era:

BATON ROUGE: The price of love (Kelly Keeling=vocal god)
DANGER DANGER: I still think about you
EVERY MOTHER´S NIGHTMARE: Love can make you blind
GREAT WHITE: House of broken love
HARDLINE: Change of heart
I, NAPOLEON: Every time I saw your picture
JUNKYARD: Simple man
LILLIAN AXE: The world stopped turning
LILLIAN AXE: See you someday
SAIGON KICK: God of 42nd street
SHARK ISLAND: Bad for each other (Richard Black :worship:)
SHARK ISLAND: Why should I believe
STEELHEART: I´ll never let you go
TYKETTO: Standing alone

great list. shark island is so underrated. the only album i don't have on that list is i napolean. is it worth getting? also the baton rouge song "desperate" (also done by babylon a.d.) is better than the price of love

great list. shark island is so underrated. the only album i don't have on that list is i napolean. is it worth getting? also the baton rouge song "desperate" (also done by babylon a.d.) is better than the price of love

Well, I, Napoleon is a "one of a kind" album for me. It´s melodic hard rock, that´s sure, but is darker and Steve Napoleon voice is rawer than most of the bands from that style. IMO, it´s worth getting... if you find it. Here in Spain, it´s inmpossible to find since 1992, more or less.

Well, I, Napoleon is a "one of a kind" album for me. It´s melodic hard rock, that´s sure, but is darker and Steve Napoleon voice is rawer than most of the bands from that style. IMO, it´s worth getting... if you find it. Here in Spain, it´s inmpossible to find since 1992, more or less.

i'll look on cdnow

Has anyone here heard the acoustic version of Junkyard's Simple Man?! That is off the hook!!! So is another acoustic track Heaven And Hell from Zakk Wylde...

I got it on Junkyard´s "Tried and true" EP from 2003. By far, I prefer the original version on Junkyard first and masterpiece album.