Best records of 2018 thread

timmyc

Dec 16, 2002
I don’t get here as often as I used to, but thought it’d be wrong not to have a best record s of the year list thread. So here’s mine to get things going:

1. Ghost - Prequelle
2. Judas Priest - Firepower
3. Halestorm - Viscious
4. Anthrax - Kings Among Scotland
5. Marmozets - Knowing What You Know Now
6. Rivers of Nihil - Where Owls Know My Name
7. Psycroptic - As the Kingdom Drowns
8. Alice in Chains - Rainier Fog
9. A Perfect Circle- Eat the Elephant
10. Amorphis - Queen of Time

Last edited:
im so off the radar as far as new metal or rock records go,ive only watch the dvd of kings, was stone sour hydrgrad released in 2018? id would say that's the best record of the years just checked release day lol stone sour was 2017,guess I dont have any lol

I don't think I have a best. But if you want least liked it's the new Metal Church for me.
But I'll go with Kings Of Scotland for best since that counts :)

I don't think I have a best. But if you want least liked it's the new Metal Church for me.

Don't lie...you love the new MC album :p You love how they have stayed true to their trash roots :p

I've already done this a few times but my top 10 is

1. Doro Pesch – Forever Warriors, Forever United
2. After burner – After burner
3. Ancestor – Lord Of Destiny
4. Powerwolf – The Sacrament Of Sin
5. Trashquatch – Axe To Inherit
6. Alien Weaponry – Tu
7. Fabulous Disaster – Off With Their Heads
8. Gruesome – Twisted Prayers
9. Judas Priest – Firepower
10. Thrashist Regime – Carnival Of Monsters

Reactions: redfly
im so off the radar as far as new metal or rock records go,ive only watch the dvd of kings, was stone sour hydrgrad released in 2018? id would say that's the best record of the years just checked release day lol stone sour was 2017,guess I dont have any lol

Yeah Hydrograd was 2017. I bought it on day one but was personally disappointed with it. I thought it was a let down after the House of Gold and Bones records.

Yeah Hydrograd was 2017. I bought it on day one but was personally disappointed with it. I thought it was a let down after the House of Gold and Bones records.
Really is different strokes for different folks lol,I went off ss with audio secrecy and house of gold,it’s a real rock record

Don't lie...you love the new MC album :p You love how they have stayed true to their trash roots :p

I've already done this a few times but my top 10 is

1. Doro Pesch – Forever Warriors, Forever United
2. After burner – After burner
3. Ancestor – Lord Of Destiny
4. Powerwolf – The Sacrament Of Sin
5. Trashquatch – Axe To Inherit
6. Alien Weaponry – Tu
7. Fabulous Disaster – Off With Their Heads
8. Gruesome – Twisted Prayers
9. Judas Priest – Firepower
10. Thrashist Regime – Carnival Of Monsters
Yeah love me some weak thrash lol

Reactions: Slammed
It's a new genre, pop thrash, all the elements of pop and the name of a once great thrash band :)

Reactions: redfly
Really is different strokes for different folks lol,I went off ss with audio secrecy and house of gold,it’s a real rock record

Yes mate you’re spot on. Funnily enough I have a Audio Secrecy as my fave SE record, lol.

I didn't get too many 2018 releases, but what I did get here are some of my favorites...

1. Ghost - Prequelle
2 Behemoth - I loved you at your darkest
3. Anthrax - Kings Among Scotland ( of course !!! )
4. Anthrax - State of Euphoria Remastered
5. Dimmu Borgir - Eonian
6. Disturbed - Evolution

Of course, looking forward to the next Anthrax album later this year ( I assume that's when it will come out )...