Best software for SYNTH. What do you recommend guys?

Adee

Apr 5, 2013
London, England
Hi. I'm struggling with a choice of decent software for SYNTH.
What do you recommend as THE BEST ONE?

Something from Native Instruments like ie. MASSIVE
or Spectrasonics OMNISPHERE?

Have no idea... :(

the Native Instruments Komplete bundle is good. You get a lot of stuff in it that's good. ALso, if you want an easy to use rompler than Nexus is the best for that.

There is no such thing as "the best" unless you are looking at a bundle. A lot of keyboard players like reason because it has a lot of synth sounds, at the same time, many artists can do almost anything with the stock synths in logic. It depends a lot on what kind of sounds you are looking for, for rock/prog kind of sounds the NI pro-53 is my favorite one, for electronic music, massive is really great, not much experience with other ones.

Depends on what you want your synths sounds for and tbh it's just like everything else, it's not what you got it's if you know how to use it. Like the guy in latvia said, stock plug in synths are extremely useful in the right hands. I've had a few hardware synths in my time (Yamaha An1x, Roland JP800) and a friend has a few Access Virus Synths, wow, it's a whole other world lol!!

However, my son is using Massive to great effect knocking out duby wobble step type stuff like there's now tomorrow if that's your bag. I took a look at it, (seeing as i helped pay for it!) and there's nothing unfamiliar to it. I demo'd Waves elements and that had all you could hope for in a soft synth too.

Thank for the answers guys :) I know that is no "the best" solution - its only some kind of figure of speech :)
I do rather metal music but I like it sometimes mixed with synth sounds like ie. one of Onqel's songs 'Infected' http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1369729/MP3/X50/Onqel - Infected.mp3 or Nerve End in their song 'The Squid' http://nerveend.com/
or Dark Tranquility, Caliban on their recent albums.
I will definitely go for NI demos and make the decision :)

SonicLAB: impOSCar2 is good for corny 80's movie theme, vice city, flock of seagulls, Kavinsky, Dance with the dead type stuff

and Cakewalk Z3ta is really good for more modern full synth, trance, synth leads, and could definitely go well with metal.

Last edited by a moderator: