Best Song Intro For Every Album

Which album has the best song to kick off the album?

• In Mist She Was Standing

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • Advent

• April Ethereal

Votes: 24 18.5%
  • The Moor

Votes: 45 34.6%
  • The Leper Affinity

Votes: 12 9.2%
  • Wreath

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • Windowpane

• Ghost of Perdition

Votes: 24 18.5%
  • Coil

Votes: 6 4.6%

• Total voters
ITT: people giving Prologue too much credit.

I disagree. The atmosphere it sets as April Ethereal seeps through sends chills..

Lol @ posts describing the unpredictable nature of The Leper Affinity. I remember trying to play along when I first got into Opeth and I'd always start too early or late :lol:

I voted Ghost of Perdition, but The Moor and Leper Affinity are certainly way up there. I think if Deliverance had started with the title track, I might've put that though.

Ümlaut;7248471 said:
The Moor is a fantastic song. It's a close tie between The Moor, Godhead's Lament, and Moonlapse Vertigo being my favorite from the album.

my favorites as well, although benighted is great, and i actually love the live version of face of melinda(the solo blows me away every time)

The Moor for me. However, Ghost of Perdition, Windowpane, and Leper Affinity are also great openers. I haven't listened to Orchid or Morningrise for a while, so I forget how those songs start. I find April Ethereal to be severely overrated (the rest of MAYH, too), and Wreath is one of the band's weakest songs, in my opinion. Coil is a great song, but I think it's a strange way to start an album.

The Moor for me. However, Ghost of Perdition, Windowpane, and Leper Affinity are also great openers. I haven't listened to Orchid or Morningrise for a while, so I forget how those songs start. I find April Ethereal to be severely overrated (the rest of MAYH, too), and Wreath is one of the band's weakest songs, in my opinion. Coil is a great song, but I think it's a strange way to start an album.

no:zombie:

I'd say Ghost of Perdition is the best album opener, although it sets rather false expectations for the rest of the album if you ask me, as after the first two songs that album goes sharply downhill.

April Ethereal, hands down. I would have said The Moor if I didn't always fast forward through the first 1:50 of it. The Leper Affinity would have been my second choice. I know that is shocking to anyone who knows I think BWP is Opeth's worst record. But, The Leper Affinity is a great track and a perfect album opener. Too bad the rest of the album just kinda goes downhill from there, at least in my opinion!

I'd say Ghost of Perdition is the best album opener, although it sets rather false expectations for the rest of the album if you ask me, as after the first two songs that album goes sharply downhill.

I'll agree the album as a whole is a little disjointed. I think there's still some great material on there. Hours of Wealth & Isolation years are brilliant. Harlequin Forest is very good. Even TGC has it's moments IMO

The Moor, all the way! Not only does that song kick some serious ass, it was the first Opeth song I listened to. Windowpane would be a close second though ... it's helped influence my short film :)

:zombie:when he says "she faced me in awe" at april ethereal u can hear him turning to a ghost lulz:zombie: