Best Song Intro For Every Album

Which album has the best song to kick off the album?

• In Mist She Was Standing

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • Advent

• April Ethereal

Votes: 24 18.5%
  • The Moor

Votes: 45 34.6%
  • The Leper Affinity

Votes: 12 9.2%
  • Wreath

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • Windowpane

• Ghost of Perdition

Votes: 24 18.5%
  • Coil

Votes: 6 4.6%

• Total voters
Cool thread, as I've always thought the intros have been one of the strongest Opeth traits.

I would originally have said The Moor, but these days Prologue/April Ethereal. That said, the beginning of Advent is awesome, the beginning of The Leper Affinity is morbidly exquisite, not a fan of Wreath's brutality (but the beauty lies in that it is so different from the others) and Ghost of Perdition slays.

Good poll

GOP is my favorite of those songs, but it sounds like it belongs on an earlier Opeth album. It's to good not to vote for

Within the context of the album windowpane & the moor are also great intro's

The Leper Affinity. By far.

Followed by Windowpane, Ghost of Perdition, and Coil. The Moors' intro kinda frustrates me.

^ Lol yeah. I never know when that distortion is gunna kick in and when I'm listening to it through headphones blasting it always scares me when it does.

The Moor is definitely in the top 5 all time beginnings of an album!!:headbang:

But as far as Opeth is concerned:

The Moor!
Prologue > April Etherial is a very close 2nd!

Kyle_Moar.jpg

I voted The Moor. There's something really disturbing about that Intro and I remember some captured the essence of it perfectly because they mentioned that it goes on just until your at breaking point and then that Beautiful acoustic part comes in and your in heaven theres also that hummed vocal line which has on occasional almost brought me to tears its just such a Beautiful song. It was a tough decision because the Leper Affinity is glorious :headbang: but The Moor is just so beautiful

actually If I was going to put them order It would go something like this
The Moor
The Leper Affinity
Advent
Ghost of perdition
In The Mist She Was Standing
Prologue April Ethereal
Wreath
Windowpain (beautiful but fairly one dimensional compared with the other Openers really because its on damnation)
I like them all :D (April ethereal isn't on there because I haven't really listened to my arms your

the intro to wreath was the reason why i hated opeth at first. deliverance was the latest album at the time and the first one i tried. i turned it off within the first few seconds. since, it has become one of my most listened to opeth albums and i learned to love the intro to wreath.

Wreath all the way! ... that album starts so brutal, it just hits you like a shockwave, perfect intro to this album which continues to overwhelm you in darkness and brutality..