Opeth Song Survivor - Album Final! - Deliverance (Vote for the BEST SONG) (BEST)

Which is the best of the two?

• Deliverance

Votes: 62 54.4%
  • A Fair Judgement

Votes: 52 45.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This was the easiest choice I've ever had to make. Deliverance by far. 29-22 right now. This song is up there with Leper, Bleak, April, and When as my top five. (Nothing against Morningrise, but none of those songs stand out in the same way individually.) Have you ever looked at the lyrics of Deliverance? They're exceptionally good in my mind. This whole song is genius. The little things on this song make it so excellent, like that siren about three minutes in, and the piano during the closing of the song. Listen to the drumming on this. Lopez is a machine on the last two minutes of this song. I can't say enough about how great it is.

I can understand the support for the title track, because initially it was my favorite song of the album. 20 listens later, and there really isn't much of a question. A Fair Judg_ment takes this particular battle, though my favorite song of the album is Wreath.

What a challenge!
I say it's A Fair Judg(e)ment but only 0,01% behind Deliverance, they are both almost equal (in quality)!

btw: Is this based upon the various writing style between english and american english that you can write judgment and judgement?!

illbeleavinnow said:
Deliverance. They're both equally good, but because Deliverance was the first Opeth song I really loved it gets my vote.

And by the way, once and for all

IT'S JUDGMENT, NOT JUDGEMENT!!!

When will people learn? Next time I see someone say "judgement" I'll kill them.

According to the back of the CD case and various online dictionaries, it's Judgement. So suck it :Spin:

illbeleavinnow said:
And by the way, once and for all

IT'S JUDGMENT, NOT JUDGEMENT!!!

When will people learn? Next time I see someone say "judgement" I'll kill them.

I bet you believe in god too.