Best song recorded by a band but never preformed live

Actually, INVADERS was lucky to make The Number of the Beast album. According to Dickinson, the choice was Total Eclipse. Ironically, Total Eclipse was never released in the US until the 1995 Castle Records Release with all of the B Sides.

Actually, INVADERS was lucky to make The Number of the Beast album. According to Dickinson, the choice was Total Eclipse. Ironically, Total Eclipse was never released in the US until the 1995 Castle Records Release with all of the B Sides.

Wow...that is interesting to hear. It's definitely one of my favorites on the album (hard to choose on that album).

Oh, and to add to the thread:

JUDAS PRIEST - HEART OF A LION

(though I suppose since it was never officially on an album!!!)

THIS!!!! I really wish this song was on an official release 'cause I love it. I'm actually surprised though that this hasn't been played on a Halford set. I could see that more.

Blue Oyster Cult, "Black Blade"* or anything from the Imaginos album

-=-=-=-
* I suppose they might have played this a long time ago, but not within the last few decades

"Black Blade" is on the Extraterrestrial Live album. (I think I have this on a BOC boot from the early 80s as well.)

Does "Astronomy" count as a track from Imaginos? (I can't think of any others off that album they've done live.)

Does BOC ever play anything from Club Ninja (or whatever its called...something like that). I honestly wouldn't know, I just know a few people who use that album as a table coaster.

"Black Blade" is on the Extraterrestrial Live album. (I think I have this on a BOC boot from the early 80s as well.)

Does "Astronomy" count as a track from Imaginos? (I can't think of any others off that album they've done live.)

I wouldn't think Astronomy counts as being from Imaginos since it was on Secret Treatises.

I'd love DT's The Killing Hand and PoS playing the solo from the Song for the Innocent (they play up to the solo with the brickwork version on the 12:5 and second death live albums)

-=-=-=-
* I suppose they might have played this a long time ago, but not within the last few decades

Well, they keep Astronomy in rotation, and they probably have The Subhuman/Blue Oyster Cult in there too. On the other hand, when the Bouchards or the Brain Surgeons play, they did have some Imaginos songs going.

As for Black Blade . . Stormbringer kept calling the band Stupid Puny Humans so they stopped :lol:

THIS!!!! I really wish this song was on an official release 'cause I love it. I'm actually surprised though that this hasn't been played on a Halford set. I could see that more.

It just goes to show you how commercial driven TURBO really was.
I mean, here you get an amazing tune that is the epitome of the classic Priest sound, and it was left off an album that had such oh so brilliant tracks like "Parental Guidance" :puke:

-=-=-=-

I am 99.9 % sure they played Black Blade @ The State Theater in St. Pete on December 3, 2005. I was in attendance and remember it as being the last encore.

It's hard for me to narrow it down to just one song for my all-time favorite bands, so I cut it down to one song from each album for which I've seen the band on tour (with the exception of Dream Theater, whom I didn't catch for the first time until 1997):

Armored Saint--What's Your Pleasure

Dokken--What Price, I Don't Mind, Voice Of The Soul, Under The Gun, Haunted

Dream Theater--Space-Dye Vest (I'm with the rest of you folks here. By the way, cselbn, The Killing Hand still makes it in the rotation to this day.)

Edguy--Golden Dawn, Rise Of The Morning Glory

Fates Warning--So, A Handful Of Doubt

Iron Maiden--Out Of The Silent Planet, Montsegur

Joe Satriani--The Power Cosmic, Part I and II

Symphony X--A Fool's Paradise, Awakenings

Since I never had the chance to see these bands during their humble beginnings, I'm not sure if they played certain older songs at some point. Thus, I'm mainly sticking to fairly newer material.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

Sonata Arctica- The Rest of the Sun Belongs to Me (so, its a bonus track. Big fuckin' deal.)

They played it during the Winterheart's tour. In fact, there's hardly any songs off the first 4 albums that haven't been played live, including the bonus tracks.

Andre Matos - Violence

Avantasia - The Seven Angels

Ayreon - The New Migrator

Blind Guardian - A Dark Passage

Elias Viljanen - Kiss of Rain (w/Tony)

Gamma Ray - Farewell

Helloween - I Believe

King's X - Faith Hope Love

Michael Kiske - Can't Tell

Power Quest - For Evermore

Shadow Gallery - New World Order

Sonata Arctica - Fly With the Black Swan (or My Dream's But a Drop of Fuel For a Nightmare)

Symphony X - The Odyssey