Best "Swallow the Sun" and "Daylight Dies" album

OrchidForest

Mar 7, 2009
This is an extension of the death and clean vocal thread, but I am not to familiar with these bands. I want to get an album of each. What is the best album by each?

I don't listen to Daylight Dies, but the best Swallow the Sun album is The Morning Never Came, although Ghosts of Loss come close. The Giant is a fucking amazing song.

Ghosts of Loss is a good album by Swallow The Sun, I agree.

Hard to believe their vocalist can do such an innocent soft style, and then instantly do a soul crushing roar. And I've seen some of their live performances, and he sings them perfectly even then. Not bad for a skinny guy, eh?

Yeah, definitely a great vocalist. I like how raw his vocals are on the album as well, they don't go crazy with the production on it.

I never really saw what was so good about Brave Murder Day, besides Akerfeldt doing vocals. It's not as good as other Katatonia albums, really.

Katatonia's later music is just generic gothic metal with alternative rock influences. Most of the lyrics are also painfully stupid and melodramatic.

Dance of December Souls is a fantastic album, and Brave Murder Day is pretty cool as well. I'd recommend either one.

I've heard brave murder day, meh

but not dance of december souls, even tho i've got it. I think it's time...

daylight dies - dismantling devotion
swallow the sun - the morning never came

Swallow the Sun is at least, unless I just "having been listening to the right Katatonia". Haven't listened to Daylight Dies.

Haha, I was kinda buzzed there.

Anyway, what I meant to say was the lyrics are open to interpretation. I could see where you're coming from on some of the lyrics on TGCD, but maybe it was just intended to be that way for a reason?

The only way to really know this is to ask Jonas himself.