Melodic Death/Doom

BeatenToDeath

Pulsing Member
May 20, 2012
So I made this thread a couple days ago and it must have been deleted as I can't find it... I thought I followed the guidelines appropriately enough. If this thread is to be deleted again, please accompany its deletion with a message so I know what the issue is.

Anyhow, hey guys. I'm in search of some new Melodic Death/Doom. My favorite bands are Swallow the Sun, Katatonia, Daylight Dies, Novembers Doom, The 11th Hour, Rapture, Ghost Brigade, etc. Thanks in advance for your help!

Also give Woods of Ypres a listen. They are a bit more mellow than some of the bands you mentioned in the OP but I think you might like.

Amorphis.

Their early and later records sound very different, but I think you'd enjoy most of what they put out.

Early (from Tales of the Thousand Lakes):

Late (from Skyforger):

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKGm441XmYI&feature=relmfu[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
Check out Saturnus (paradise belongs to you), and if you haven't already, everything by My Dying Bride. Oh, and Funeral.

I recommend Requiem - Fortissimo by Virgin Black, which is more death/doom-oriented than their other work.

These are all awesome - some repeats from postings above, but worth re-posting;

The Morningside - The Wind, the Trees and the Shadows of the Past
Draconian - A Rose for the Apocalypse
Doom:VS - Dead Words Speak
October Tide - Rain Without End <--- get this one first
Rapture - Songs for the Withering
Saturnus - Paradise Belongs to You

Here are a few more

Anathema
The Mandrake
Ghost Brigade
Blazing Eternity
Forgotten Tomb
Saturnus
Pandemonium
Ablaze In Hatred
Chalice Of Doom
Daylight Dies
Era Decay

Some Australian Melodic Death/Doom albums worth checking out:

Okera - A Beautiful Dystopia
Inverloch - Dusk/Subside
Myridian - A Starless Demo
Futility - The View From Here
Myraeth - In Glorious Death
The Veil - Ghosts of Memory

I don't really consider a lot of these death/doom, but hey, try Ceremonium's debut while you're at it.