Best synth/string/piano midi software?

dan weapon

Planet Smasher
Nov 14, 2005
Aberdeen
www.myspace.com
Anyone got recommendations on some good synth plugins/software that I can buy? (for running on Mac protools, although still on 7.4 haha)

My keyboard recently died and thought it might be worth venturing into the realm of midi operated synth suites.

I'm looking for that Devin/Soilwork/80s rock style soft pads & synth strings mainly. But also piano style things would be great too. Not that desperate for full orchestral stuff though.

Any advice much welcome...:)

Native Instruments FM8 is amazing for pads/synth strings. Absynth is really good for more complex and interesting sounds too. As far as piano goes, I adore NI The Giant. Absolutely massive sounding piano, great for huge symphonic metal piano sounds.

Synthogy Ivory 2 is amazing, I did a classical piano album years age with Ivory 1 and my professor at university couldn't tell it was played using that. Also EastWest's Quantum Leap Piano is good, very detailed with multiple mic positions.

JUst get complete 8! Audiodeluxe will do it for 440.

+1

It's a steal for the amount of stuff in Komplete 8, it's almost overwhelming.

That said, I like EWQL's Hollywood Strings and Pianos. I also have a ton of VSL libraries and Symphobia 1, but the Eastwest stuff gets used 90% of the time.