best video clips

EagleFlyFree

crack you like an acorn
Feb 27, 2002
in a tree. that i have.
first of all, i'm sorry to add yet one more thread to the assload of active threads (though this one DOES have a purpose for a change)

what are the best video clips you know? not live ones, i mean normal ones as in MTV, etc

my picks:

Sonata Arctica - Wolf and Raven
VERY VERY good stuff! amazing quality everywhere... the singer, for one, knows how to show passion singing, unlike any of those crappy pop video clips that are all smiles and crap...
really good acting and all too, i'm totally blow away...

Helloween - If I could fly
one of the most beautiful and artsy video clips i know... that part in the middle of the song where Andi flies inside the bird, with that dark sky... pure goodness!!

Judas Priest - Hot rocking
the fire at the end looks really fucking cool, good stuff!

you know who - Everytime I die
the forest adds that really gloomy and majestic atmosphere, totally great... and the sight of the reaper running with the scythe is a near orgasm :)

RATM - Renegades of Funk
Depeche Mode - I Just Can't Get Enough
The Cure - Cut Here, Night Like That
The Smiths - How Soon is Now
Siouxsie and the Banshees - Hong Kong Garden
Massacration :lol: - Metal Massacre Attack :lol: :lol: (rarue raruooo hauahuahauhau, viva Hermes e Renato!)
Madredeus - Alfama (not on MTV, of course)
Gabriel o Pensador - Até Quando
Joy Division - Love Will Tear Us Apart
Bauhaus - Bela Lugosi's Dead

but it takes a long time I've seem them, 'cause I don't watch much TV, mainly MTV (only to see Hermes & Renato and Jackass, nothing else)

Uh, I almost forgot!

Sepultura - Roots
thanks, Thomas

Satyricon - Mother North
It contains almost everything from the black metal folklore (except church burnings, maybe), and this song is simply one of the best BM tracks ever written. BTW I'm gonna see Satyricon live next Monday... I'm already longing for that evening.

Behemoth - Decade of Therion
Excellent song, excellent artwork : the first time I saw this video, I couldn't believe my eyes (yes, it's excellent from the beginning to the end).

Carcass - Heartwork
Amazing video ! The living sculpture is fascinating, if you see what I mean...

Dark Tranquillity - Monochromatic Stains
Even if it's really weird, it fucking rules !

Pain - Shut your mouth
Very funny video. Indeed, the outlook of the alien kills, and Peter's drawing leaves me speechless.

And last but not least,
Children of Bodom - Everytime I die
Same comment as EFF

That's all folks !!!

CoB - anything
Sepultura - Bullet the Blue Sky, Roots
Judas Priest - Painkiller

cant think of anything else at the moment hahahaha

These are the ones that come to my mind now

-Cradle of Filth - From the cradle to enslave
I don't like CoF much, but the video is fucking great.
-Helloween - I want out
Funny, and way better than 'if i could fly' (imo)
-Lita Ford - Kiss me deadly
Mmmmh, she's hot, and plays the guitar pretty well
-Metallica - One
No comments. Great
-System of a Down - Chop Suey!
Yes, it's numetal, so what.

CoB - as bodomite said, anything :p
Opeth - The Drapery Falls
Pain of Salvation - Inside (directors cut)
Amorphis - Black Winter Day
Sonata Arctica - Black Sheep
Stratovarius - Black Diamond

Britney Spears - Hit Me Baby One More Time and Oops I did It Again, when she is laying down...oh god.

Iron Maiden - The Trooper...come on now give it up!

Satyricon - Mother North, fuck yeah man, I saw that shit on TV (My local TV channel) and I was like...oOoOoOo

Children of Bodom - Anything, their Needled 24-7 is pretty narly, they have that dude in the fucking ball with a motercycle...and that fuck with all the piercings pulling shit, although it looked fake there for a little bit?

Yeeee Sucka!

Originally posted by Raistlin1980
-Helloween - I want out
Funny, and way better than 'if i could fly' (imo)

I want out is great too, but i'm kind of tired of seeing it hehe
but it has some great moments... it has that immortal on stage dance with the the bassist and the guitarists lined up hehe that rules so much...
it makes you wanna rewind time back to 87 :-/

too bad girls only look at Kiske in that video :p
i can't fucking believe he cut his hair... he looks like a shaved gremlin now :p

the best videos in the world were made by Twisted Sister. Period! :headbang: :lol:

but damn! i saw a video the other day, from one of these pop singers, but the video was REALLY FUCKING GREAT.
From the conception to the final product.

It was like the girl singing and walking on the street, with lots of chaotic shit going on. Then when you least expect it, she ends up on the first place she was (like the camera was doing a 360). And then from one of the shops, comes out a copy of her, and they keep walking and singing. And everything else is doubled!
And it goes on and on, until there are 4 of her (and 4 of the other elements)! And the coolest thing is that she goes around her copies all the time! That is some SHITTY SHIT to be made! :eek:

But it fucking rox! :headbang:

Originally posted by Tut Ankh Amon

but damn! i saw a video the other day, from one of these pop singers, but the video was REALLY FUCKING GREAT.
From the conception to the final product.

It was like the girl singing and walking on the street, with lots of chaotic shit going on. Then when you least expect it, she ends up on the first place she was (like the camera was doing a 360). And then from one of the shops, comes out a copy of her, and they keep walking and singing. And everything else is doubled!
And it goes on and on, until there are 4 of her (and 4 of the other elements)! And the coolest thing is that she goes around her copies all the time! That is some SHITTY SHIT to be made! :eek:

But it fucking rox! :headbang:

That was Kylie Minogue. She's really popular here in England.