Favorit video clips

Fangface said:
Any old Saxon vid because they were the most laughable vids ever done :D Especially "The Power and the Glory"!
Too bad they're making better vids now ahah
That's why I didn't m,ention those thy are so bad that I feel ashamed :lol:. Besides the video of Power & The Glory is edited so the song is shorter.

Oh my the guys turning the guitar 360 degrees...

I'll go with Iron Maiden - Run to the Hills for those indian snippets inbetween, I still laugh everytime I see that and Aerosmith - Living on the Edge starts off with kids in rollerblades setting off caralarms with hockey sticks and that guitarsolo on the railroad tracks with the train just missing are both cool scenes :cool:

Morbid Angel - God Of Emptiness
Slayer - Seasons In The Abyss
Amorphis - Black Winter Day
King Diamond - The Family Ghost
Judas Priest - Any
Iron Maiden - Any Bruce-era
Megadeth - Peace Sells
Nightwish - Nemo and Bless The Child
Motley Crue - Too Young To Fall In Love
Twisted Sister - Burn In Hell
Dokken - It's Not Love

Psychonaut said:
King Diamond - The Family Ghost
ahah I have great memories of this one, definitely one of my favorites :)

mmm what else..... most Metal videos clips are terrible IMO, but I don't have a problem with that :lol:

Judas Priest - Painkiller (intense video!)
Kreator - Violent Revolution
any Twisted Sister video clip featuring the teacher or the father ahah
Accept - Balls to the Wall because it's so damn cheesy
Nightwish - Nemo
Mercyful Fate - Egypt
Anvil - Mad Dog (this one is completely dumb!)
Raven, I can't remember the songtitle but it was cheesy & dumb as hell as well
the latest Nevermore video

I think I preferred the 80's vids -cheesy beyond belief that they frequently were - to today's efforts which usually seem to be shot in a shed somewhere.
Anyway some faves:
Judas Priest: You got Another Thing Comin' (exploding civil servants- cool!)
Rush - the Body Electric
Twisted Sister - We're Not Gonna take It( all their vids were entertaining)
AC/DC - Who Made Who
Motorhead - Killed By Death
Armored Saint - Can U Deliver
Anthrax - Madhouse
and possibly the best Metal vid ever - Judas Priest - Breaking The Law

Big D said:
Motorhead - Killed By Death
:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

And I have to add:

Nightwish - 'Sleeping Sun'
Ozzy Osbourne - 'The Ultimate Sin'
Rush - 'Distant Early Warning'
Def Leppard - 'Photograph'
Skid Row - '18 & Life'
Butthole Surfers - 'Who Was In My Room Last Night'

i like concerts but;
blind guardian - mr.sandman
iron Maiden - Can I play with Madness
metallica - one
blablabla :D

Man, I miss videos.
I could make a gigantic list of the good ones from the 80s and early 90s.
Back in the 80s, videos were a huge part of the music and the bands.
Too bad eMpTyV couldn't lay off their crack pipe.

One great one was Accept's "Midnight Mover." They set up about a thousand small cameras on the inside of a silo, painted like something from an Imperial Death Star. As the band played, the only lights were the flashes of the cameras which went off in patterns circling around the band like a whirlwind. The effect, synchronized faster then more slowly, then faster, synched with the music, was like the viewer was in a hurricane flying around the band (or I guess some would say the band was spinning and looping). Might sound nauseating, but the video turned out to be pretty dynamic and powerful. Nice dark grey and midnight blue colours. The solo to that song is cool too.
Another was the black and white, grainy, video for "The Calling," by LeatherWolf. There's a middle part to the song that's like a Celtic anthem, and when the video gets to that part, the focus on the bands, playing in the shadows, with a storm going off in the background, gives ya chills. And we're talking one of the earliest metal videos that got regular rotation by eMpTyV, yet the quality and settings, the shadowy etherealness, it was pro.

I could go on and on. Wish there was some good medium nowadays for good videos.

Keann_Athos said:
One great one was Accept's "Midnight Mover."

Tha's one of my favorites also... had a brain fart and said it was for Metal Heart earlier in this thread. Have you seen the vid VioVod did for Astronomy Domine that is a bit similar, with the cam s going over and under the band. Both are great vids!