Best/Worst album covers in Metal/Rock

Brave New World's cover wasn't bad, but Dance of Death, A matter of... and Final Frontier --- are good albums, but man do those album covers suck. I prefer the drawn Eddy of the digitalized Eddy.

actually come to think of it I haven't liked a Maiden album cover since maybe Powerslave or Somewhere in Time. Their later covers, imo, have not matched the music for awesomeness.

Good shout out. Derek Riggs (the artist) did all the original Maiden covers - they were superb. Then after 7th Son (which for me was their finest cover) it all went downhill. I think Derek stopped doing them after Bruce left.

Riggs has done some stuff for Maiden that wasn't that great too though. Something like Killers or the Aces High cover were masterpieces - so intricately detailed, you can tell a LOT of time was spent on making them look crisp and realistic.
To me, even something like the 7th Son painting lacked that definition.

The BNW cover was pretty cool I liked that. But every other cover they've had since 7th Son has been pretty shit really.

Now that you mention it, I think every Megadeth album has had pretty shit artwork. The only Repka cover I like is Death's Leprosy, and that's probably just a sentimental attachement to the album itself rather than the art.
Repka's another cartoony artist.

I like the Risk artwork. Hell, I like the whole album itself. I know there's not many people who do, but whatever.

Is this
megadeth_killing.jpg

better than this ?
668.jpg

I don't think so.

Sepultura's Arise was pretty awesome. You could look at that for ages finding all the cool little things.

Even cooler when it's got the whole band's signatures on the front, like my LP. :lol:

Best:

Twisted Sister 'Stay Hungry'

220px-Twister_Sister_-_Stay_Hungry.jpg

Good call. Come Out And Play was great, too. If my memory doesn´t fail me, the drain could be opened on the LP-cover. Best cover since Sticky Fingers with the real zipper on it.

My all time favourite cover must be Somewhere In Time. It´s so packed with details and easter eggs. And I really love that Eddie. Almost peed my pants when he came out in Wacken 2008.

Another one for the worst-list is Doomsday For The Deciever by Flotsam And Jetsam. Great Album but shitty artwork.

OK people, I'm going to ask a stupid question on here.... apologies in advance, lol.

How the hell do you post these images like the record covers on here. I have no problem in other boards but can't work out how to post images on this particular board. Help me here please someone!

Go into the advanced posting section, there is a picture of mountains in a yellow backround. Copy and paste the URL of the picture you want to post in there.