Bet i can make you all jealous

Descent

Apr 30, 2006
Middlesex, England
I'll shortly be heading off up to Derby to play a little festival called Bloodstock with band i play bass in Head-On.
That means tonight we support Firewind and Testament on the main stage!
Then tomorrow i'll head down to festival to see Scar Symmetry but then unfortunately have to head back down to london to support Sepultura but after that straight back up to bloodstock to hang out with bands such as Nevermore and Dark Tranquillity! Then on sat ill hang out at the fest all day so will get to see and hang out with amongst others Inflames, Arch Enemy, Dream Evil and of course our very own Mr Sneap and Sabbat!:headbang:
Gonna be a good few days :kickass:

Not jealous at all mate Ive gotta drive up there tonight and try and mix some band of bench pressing meat heads called head on so that they sound like music!!
Then i gotta drive home and spend the rest of the weekend in the studio without even seeing another hammer. It all gets good for me as of tomorrow morning .

Dont wanna sound to cynical about it but I remember the first outdoors one where the back of the main stage tent blew off just before Paradise Lost played and they had to get riggers in during the day to resecure the truss. Oh and most of the front of house outboard was blown before the first band went on.

Im sure its improved since then.

Nothing this cool happens in the USA. I guess that's what happens when 90% of the music you listen to is from Europe.

Indeed. I was in Xania, Greece 3 weeks ago at the port, packed with people, and I strolled into the main bar there, right in the middle of town. They played proper metal: Nevermore, Blind Guardian, Slayer...I couldn't believe it. Shit like that just doesn't exist in the States. Granted, much of the music was American.