Swedish Metalheads to Bloodstock?

DanTheSwede

New Metal Member
Dec 29, 2002
Sweden
Visit site
Just back from the Sweden Rock Festival but.....

Anyone from sweden going to Bloodstock???
I plan to go there, but my metal pal´s don´t seem to have the $$...
My plan is to fly to London on the Friday morning, then travel to Derby by train. See SAXON on friday night, the whole bill on saturday, and then see the brilliant NIGHTWISH in London on Sunday! And OFFCOURSE if the Gunners play on Highbury Monday night, fly home on Tuesday!
Would this be a BLAST or what!!!!!!

By the way, how far it is from London to Derby & how long might it take by train??

Any tip´s on Hotels in Derby?

Thanx a lot on beforehand you GRAZY PEOPLE!!!

I'm not in the know about these things etc...but it might be easier/cheaper if you flew into Manchester - it's nearer to Derby than London is (I think!) :D It will all cost you a fortune - trains from London/Manchester aren't cheap - that much I DO know!!

Fly to Manchester is deadly expensive....Fly to London from Stockholm costs...£20! So i wonder how much train from London to derby costs, and how approx long it would take. Thanx

It seems to range from 2 hours up to about 3, according to Virgin trains website! I don't know if it's of use to you, but the website is www.virgintrainsfares.co.uk The prices from Euston to Derby start from £27.10 for a one way trip (only if you book well in advance!) but that can include one or two train changes as well.