BETA TESTING - New free VST ampsim!

This thread would'nt exist without some help from LePou on the triode model ;) (I have been on and off this project since the beginning of this year) I would still be scratching my head if it was'nt for him! The last nut to solve is the hardest one IMHO.. getting a good/better sounding solution for the grid current limiting(the point where the grid voltage get positive vs the bias voltage.. soft compression/extra harmonics)... when I've found it I guess it's time for a release ;)

Hey man.. where do i sign up for beta :worship:

My favorite one. Is it just me or is there some serious growl and massive low end woomph going on there. Sounds amazing. Been messing around with this amp sim and the pick response and low end for me are my favorite of all amp sims free or not. John is seriously gifted :worship:

And don`t forget the looks ;)
Seriously though, he almost nailed the sound of the real thing, just a few minor tweaks and it`s there. First amp sim that I don`t feel the need to use a TS.

It's the E530 .. I didn't hint to anything with the triode comment though.. I were just referring to the tube model in the plugin ;)

I was just thinking of maybe buying actual Engl E530. Now I'm not that sure:)

Can't wait for this! Sounds awesome.

+1

I was going to get it used from a friend to record and such, but this is so close it's not even worth the effort to buy a reamp box and the Engl and all the hassle... Just stick the VST on the tracks and bounce it :lol:... so easy it's not even funny :headbang:

As a "teaser" I would like to post a screenshot..

tse_x30.png

the GUI is made by DaWolf ;) (It could still change though, if he want to make any changes before the final version)

for Mac users: I'm using IPlug SDK for the vst part of the plug.. I'm not 100% sure about this, but there should be a "compile for mac / AU" parameter in there if I remember correctly:eek: But its not my first priority atm :\

You guys are totally insane. Releasing free amp sim after free amp sim and they just keep getting better and better. You know, a while back I was thinking that I was fooling myself in believing that freeware amp sims are as good as or even better than commercial amp sims, but now I'm getting absolutely sure that indeed they ARE as good as or better than commercial amp sims.

This is just ridiculous :O I'm feeling all emotional and shit right now, seriously, hahaha :) Great job, the tones sound fantastic (although, Erik should NOT be allowed to beta test anything as he can make ANYTHING sound awesome... that little bastard! :D). Can't wait 'til release <3 Good luck!

Thanks a bunch for the plug-in onqel!... and if you take the time to make a Mac version, us Mac nerds would be real real thankful! :D

As a "teaser" I would like to post a screenshot..

tse_x30.png

the GUI is made by DaWolf ;) (It could still change though, if he want to make any changes before the final version)

for Mac users: I'm using IPlug SDK for the vst part of the plug.. I'm not 100% sure about this, but there should be a "compile for mac / AU" parameter in there if I remember correctly:eek: But its not my first priority atm :

AWESOME!!!!
just as i wanted it to be! ;)

these soudfiles are fucking amazing btw!:headbang::OMG: