Better band than Hypocrisy

I would say That Emperor is a better band than hypocrisy, maybe just to me. Some people do not like how emperor have changed there sound, or only like the new or the older records. I own all of the emperor CDs and i love all of them. The evoultion of there sound puts them years ahead of competition, even though they cannot be considered Black Metal anymore. Ishans lyrics along with the amazing musical aspects combine to make a masterpeice of a band. RIP Emperor. Hails to the Black Wizards.

Favorite black/death metal bands:

Hypocrisy
Opeth
Morbid Angel
Dissection
Ulver

Favorite bands (any genre):

Tool
Danzig
Hypocrisy

:)

Dissection..nothing captures me like the icy, evil atmosphere of Dissection..Nodtveidt's haunting vocals, lyrics and incredible style of riffing..the cold sorrowful melodies that leave you stranded in Antarctica..it goes something like this

Dissection
Anorexia Nervosa
The Crown
Emperor
Hypocrisy

The cool thing about Hypocrisy is the unique vocal style and music arrangement-totally distinct sounds. Therefore noone is better at that sound than Hypocrisy. And if I were to go just by the genre, the only bands that could rival Hypocrisy (IMO) is Morbid Angel. I'd sell my soul if Peter and Trey would collaborate on something!

Originally posted by Nattfrost
I have Hypocrisy as my fav death metal act. But I prefer black metal over death. Black metal bands like Mütiilation, Maniac Butcher, Armagedda and so on are fucking great. But I hold Darkthrone as my personal fav.

You fucking rule man. Im listening to transylvanian Hunger as i type.
IN THE NAME OF GOD LET THE CHURCHES BURN.

If Trey and Peter would collaborate metal would come to an end. Nothing better would ever surface. The Atlantic ocean would swell and devour half of the land on the globe. Cats and dogs living as one.

But to hear it... that may be worth it. :D

Originally posted by NAD
If Trey and Peter would collaborate metal would come to an end. Nothing better would ever surface. The Atlantic ocean would swell and devour half of the land on the globe. Cats and dogs living as one.

But to hear it... that may be worth it. :D

you're too funny :lol: