BEYOND DAWN

Long-time lurker, first time poster

I am a really big fan of Beyond Dawn's older material. Their first full length, Pity Love, is probably one of my favorite doom albums. That extremely bleak atmosphere they manage to create gets to me everytime I listen to the CD. Plus, they use a trombone... whats not awsome about that? ;P My only compliant about their older material (before Pity Love) is the harsh vocals. They really are bad, thankfully that was improved on Pity Love. I don't have an opinion on their new stuff since I have only heard a song or too off of Frysh.

Heaven is weeping for me…
Weeping… :worship:

Now, that's curious! Last weekend I was doing a search to see whatever happenend to my beloved BEYOND DAWN.

I really, really was into BEYOND DAWN, I still have a ‘Longing For Scarlet Days’ t-shirt lying around here. :headbang:

‘Pity Love’ sounded different than everything else and still does. The trombone sounds so downhearted and together with all these little strange details turned it into avantgarde. I totally agree with the above comment (although I didn't dislike the harsh vocals back then).

‘Teardance’ and especially the last song ‘Daughter Sunday’ remain, until this day, classics for me.

To be honest I lost them out of sight after ‘Electric Sulking Machine’.
And to be really honest I think (what I've heard after ‘Pity Love’) they have lost their way…completely. :( :erk:

Well, I loved the harsh vocals on Pity Love but they didn't really appeal to me on Longing For Scarlet Days. I think I like Beyond Dawn's clean vocals over their harsh ones though. The clean vocals kinda remind me of those on Eternity by Anathema. As far a Daughter Sunday goes... that song is GREAT!