What's your favorite horror/gore movies?

Friday the 13th(Series)
House of a 1,000 Corpse/Devil's Rejects
Dead Snow
Candyman

Most hated
Saw(all of them)

My no. 1 favorite of horror/splatter film is "Re- Animatior" (1985) by far! It´s a masterpiece!:worship: Everything about this film rocks, the dark atmosphere, the twisted sense of humour, and the excellent performance of Jeffrey Combs in the leading role. Other favorites of mine in that genre include:
"Santa Sangre" (1989).- This one is just incredible. Made by one of the most unique visionaries of cinema history, the Chilean Alejandro Jodorowsky. "Santa Sangre" is at the same time the weirdest, sickest, funniest and the most original horror films I´ve ever seen. This masterpiece is a must- see for anyone open minded enough to enjoy it.
"Bad Taste" (1987).
"Braindead" (1992).
"Black Sheep" (2006).- What´s not to love about a film which centers on sheep going on a killer rampage?
"Audition" (1999).- Maybe some would see this more as a "psychological thriller", but this film is to me more of a horror film, it´s pretty fucking gory and full of dismemberment. Anyway, this is by far Takashi Miike´s finest film (next to "The happiness of the Katakuries"). It´s just awesome!
"Ichi the Killer" (2001). - Another wonderfully twisted contribution from Miike. This film is so bloody and brutal it´s just ridiculous. It has tremendous entertainment value for me, no matter what anybody says.
"A tale of two sisters" (2003)- Not many horror films have managed to scare me, but this one really succeeded. It has manages to build up some really dark and sinister atmosphere. The psychological study in the film also adds well to frightening atmosphere.
Gothic (1986)- Another good "psychological" horror film. It´s a very well made and a cool film.
"The Brood" (1979)- I really like Cronenberg, and I find this to be the best one of his early horror films. It´s pretty scary!
"Rabid" (1977)- Another good early Cronenberg film.
"Scanners" (1981)- I think this film is so entertaining and so cool!

Rosemary's Baby (one of the greatest films of any genre)
Audition
Cannibal Holocaust
The Wicker Man
Repulsion (more psychological horror, but anything by Polanski is well worth your time)

I think the corniness and over-americanism was meant to be a satire. Verhoeven (director) is dutch, I don't think he's overly patriotic to USA. The original author of the book is american (Robert E. Heinlein), but as I've read some of his work (not SS Troopers (pun intented) though), I doubt he's naive enough to be seriously that patriotic.

Edit: Oh, and of course it's kind of stupid to speak that the movie is very american or patriotic towards USA, as the nation in the movie isn't USA..... more of a crossbreed of US and Nazi-Germany. Though I've bad feeling that that's not too far from today.

umm... i thought the movie was a parody of the book...

Horror (no order):

The Shining
In The Mouth Of Madness
From Hell
Saw 1
The Grudge
Halloween (the John Carpenter's one)
The Crow
Resident Evil

Gore (they are some of the few gore movies I've seen and have liked):

Event Horizon (although it would be better to call it "science fiction/gore")
Blood Night (not sure this is the real English name, it's English for "notte di sangue")
Jennifer (average length movie by Dario Argento)

Rob Zombies take on Halloween/Halloween 2
Friday The 13th '09/Friday The 13th part 1 through Freddy Vs. Jason
Hostel/Hostel 2
Saw (all)
The Hills Have Eyes (remake)/The Hills Have Eyes 2 (remake)
Vacancy
The Evil Dead Trilogy
American Psycho

Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

I think based on a true story type are the most eerie movies to ever exist. :Smokin:

I really love:
28 Weeks Later
28 Days Later
Dawn of The Dead
Hostel
Nightmare on The Elm Street
The Night of The Dead

Human Centipede sure is interesting even though it's not a gore or anything close to that, it's just simply disturbing.

Japanese and Thailand horror movies are surprisingly good too. I really love Ju-on series, Shutter, 4bia, 5bia, Alone, Ichi The Killer (genius), One Missed Call, and many more. If animation is counted, then I'd say Hellsing OVA.

Evil Dead 2 and 3.

More recently, Tucker and Dale vs Evil was very cool. It's closer to a comedy than to gore though.

I don't really watch horror movies but I watched Evil Dead and Dead Alive, I get too distracted too much, im more in to music.

Strange Circus
Audition
A Tale Of Two Sisters
The Descent
Noroi: The Curse
Martyrs
The Others
The Ring
..etc

Originals, no remakes:
Cannibal Holocaust
Pieces