What's your favorite horror/gore movies?

Originally posted by xenophobe
Try suicide or masterbation...

:rolleyes: I prefer the latter.

I was merely pointing out that I disagree with Board that the patriotism in Starship Troopers would be serious in any sense. I'm not trying to turn this into a "hate america thread" (I suppose you meant me), I got more sensible targets to hate than a nation.

Xenophobe, the American Bashing is no where near as bad on this forum as it is on the Blind Guardian Board. Actually, I havn't seen any on this board. Not that I looked.

BTW, I also love the Simpsons Halloween specials.

Cabinet of Dr. Caligari is a fave of mine, made in 1919 (or thereabouts) tinted, silent, surreal and very creepy.
The Wicker Man is probably my favourite modern horror, none of the usual horror elements eg monsters, violence etc but very VERY disturbing. If you haven't seen this you NEED to!

Good GOD what is wrong with you people?

PHANTASM!!! I-IV KILL!!!!

Seriously check em out. part I is more story Oriented than the rest but the story is fucking amazing. I love those movies.

Ben

Originally posted by JayKeeley
@Board...I think you're missing the point. I don't think anyone necessarily watches horror movies to get scared. It's the genre that attracts the audience, not the fear factor. Having said that, a few chills is cool - and the last time I was sincerely scared was watching the Exorcist at the age of 13. I didn't get 'scared' watching Day of the Dead, but it probably contains some of the best Tom Savini gore ever captured on celluloid.

By the way, that post was the most miserable and confused message I've read in a long time. Seems like you forget almost every detail (or just having a bad day)...perhaps you should just avoid the horror genre altogether and stick with the mainstream? "Seven was crappy"? That is a modern day masterpiece, along with Silence of the Lambs. Oh well, your opinion I guess.

If you go into watching a horror movie expecting to shit your pants, then you're going to be disappointed for the most part. Give up the seat for someone else and save ten bucks. :)
I think horror movies needs to be scary! If they aren't scary what are the purpose? It's just like Van Damme movies where there's loads of action, but none of the action is exciting. I've never seen one single Van Damme movie that was any good! A film like "Saving private Ryan" I guees you could say have action (although I guess if falls into the drama category). Those battle scenes are the most exciting piece of film I have ever seen! No doubt about that! "Black hawk down"'s battle scenes were boring, the film was too American and it was a crappy film! It didn't work for me. Just like "Little Nicky". I think it's a great film! Really, really funny, but a lot people I know found it terrible! A guy I know said he didn't laugh one single time when he saw it. It didn't work for him = he thinks it's terrible! I didn't get scared one single time I saw "The fog". It didn't work for me = I think it's crappy!
If the purpose of horror movies isn't gettin scared what is it then?
People have said to me that the patriotism in "Starship troopers" was a satire, but maybe it just went over my head, just like the guy who didn't like "Little Nicky". It didn't work for me, as simple as that.
I didn't know it was a dutch director, but there you go. As I said, maybe I just didn't get it. It didn't work for me. As simple as that. I think it was a stupid movie and there's not really more I can say about that.
I'm not one of those guys that hate the US. Crazy shit happen in the US, but crazy shit also happens in Europe. I don't have a reason to hate America and why should i?

Originally posted by xenophobe
Geez... listen to you fuckers.... :mad:

Isn't there a GODDAMNED THREAD some of you people can get involved into without turning it into some kind of bizarre HATE AMERICA thread? :rolleyes:

SOME of you Europeans have some REAL ISSUES you need to get out... Try suicide or masterbation...

Pieces of shit. :mad:

:devil:

i'm not promoting US bashing but let him have his FREEDOM OF SPEECH. and don't call people pieces of shit. :mad:

Horror movies don't have to be scary, they can be horrific without the scares too.

here are some of my favs. in no order;

Hellraiser I & II
Dawn of the Dead
Day of the Dead
Man from deep river (deep river savages)
Woman from Deep river (Cannibal Ferox)
The Evil Dead
Resurrection
Predator I & II
Braindead
Bad Taste
Cannibal Holocaust
The Beyond
Opera
Tenebrae
Suspiria
The Omen (cool to see u guys like this really scary classic)
The Gates of Hell (city of the living dead)
The Burning
The Thing
Robocop
Starship Troopers
Psycho
Videodrome
Henry: Portrait of a serial killer
the ugly
Maniac

And i love the crazy flying sphere in Phantasm!!!!!

Originally posted by Pedro
i'm not promoting US bashing but let him have his FREEDOM OF SPEECH. and don't call people pieces of shit. :mad:

Yesh... I was having a bad day. My apologies..

@Voices of God - My apolgies.

@Fuþorc - actually I've seen plenty of country bashing here... and I posted that original reply about the same time.... damn DT politics thread... :lol: :guh:

My favourites:

* The Evil Dead trilogy
* The Changeling (brilliant movie! http://us.imdb.com/Title?0080516)
* Some Hammer flick from the 60s which I can't remember the name of... and can't really remember the plot of... it was a ghosty-type one though. :)
* Friday the 13th... up until number 5, then they started to lose the plot a bit.
* A Nightmare On Elm Street - the first one. Brilliant!
* Halloween
* The Exorcist
* The Omen
* Rosemary's Baby
* Poltergeist

The Others and The Mothman Prophecies are recent ones I really like. Those are the ones that I can remember offhand. To be honest I'm not a *big* horror fan but I don't mind watching them.

Originally posted by Torquemada
No one has mentioned Dead Alive from the director of "Lord of the Rings" , lots of gore.

Actually, the movie has two names. Some call it Braindead(so it's all ready been mentioned) and some call it Dead Alive.

Dead Alive
Night of the Living Dead Trilogy
Evil Dead Trilogy
Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Silence Of The Lambs
Se7en
Exorcist

and there's more I can't think of at the moment...:dopey:

Brain Dead... yeah, that was a weird flick...

I just bought Castle Freak... that's a decent one too... Stuart Gordon! \m/