Best Zombie movies.

CF87

Dec 15, 2003
I could use some more Zombie movies so am curious what are some of your favorites.

Mine

Zombie
City of The Dead
Night of The Living Dead
Day of The Dead
Dead Alive

The good

"Night Of The Living Dead" (and possibly its two sequels)
"Dead/Alive"
"28 Days"
"Shawn Of The Dead"

and on another level a very good zombie related movie "The Serpent And The Rainbow"

Technically 28 days was a virus outbreak movie because they werent really dead. Dead Alive is weird as fuck. Zombie is great with the zombie vs shark sequence. Romero is god and Dawn and Day are both great.

most if not all Romero Movies (and their remakes)... I did like the remake of Dawn of the Dead better

28 days is about a virus but it turned them into dead zombies...

All Evil Dead movies even if they aren't really scary they are funny as hell....

Night of the Living Dead (original and remake)
Dawn of the Dead
Shaun of the Dead
Return of the Living Dead
Zombi
Night of the Living Zombies (this one is going to be made by me)

and I haven't seen the new Night of the Living Dead yet, does anyone know if it's out yet?

There is a sequel to 28 days later being filmed right now (titled 28 weeks later); what do you guys think about this?

hint: check imdb if you want to know about the plotline and everything else.

There is a sequel to 28 days later being filmed right now (titled 28 weeks later); what do you guys think about this?

hint: check imdb if you want to know about the plotline and everything else.

28 Days Later is one of my favourite movies...

28 Weeks Later? Looks 'decent' (as in better than I thought it would look) but I hate the fact that they are making a sequel to this. Where's Danny Boyle and the team that made the first one? Certainly not here...Bad news for me, damn Americans! :mad:

lol,

just realized the similarity between those titles... you think that was intentional??? :lol:

Um yeah it was a send-up/tribute.

I like all the movies mentioned (I own a ridiculous amount of zombie movies) but my fave would have to be Evil Dead 1. Dario Argento has made some cool zombie movies also (Demons, Demons II), also Lucio Fulci. There's a crazy Japanese zombie movie called Versus, which is a real genre-bender, it's about Yakuza gangs which turn into zombies.

You poor American bastards mention Peter Jackson's Dead/Alive, you should get the original version, it's called Braindead, which was the original title, because your version has been destroyed by editing and censorship.

Although the remake of Night of the Living Dead was actually very good - this was actually done in the 80s and it retains that real low budget, realistic feel of the original but plays up the sociopolitical aspects which Romero only hinted at.

28 Days Later is one of my favourite movies...

28 Weeks Later? Looks 'decent' (as in better than I thought it would look) but I hate the fact that they are making a sequel to this. Where's Danny Boyle and the team that made the first one? Certainly not here...Bad news for me, damn Americans! :mad:

Danny Boyle was the producer or writer of the 2nd one.. something like that... so he was involved... and 28 weeks later has gotten great reviews everywhere...