Your top 6(66) Zombie flicks.

\m/

I Die Slowly
What are your top 6 (In order) Zombie flicks?
First off I want to say that i'm a huge Fulci fan, and have almost all his movies, thats why i'm picking his movies as the top 4, he adds gore when it isn't nessesary, his movies are plotless and surreal (what a combo! Lol!) also anything that Romero & Tom Savini worked in.

1. Zombie (if you haven't seen this, get it right away! Mainly for the cheesy scene when a overfed shark with no teeth and a zombie do battle underwater, theres also a cool scene where a girls head gets pulled into a BIG piece of wood (slowly!) by a zombie and gets it right in the eye)
2. House By The Cemetery (Weird, creepy, surreal, you name it)
3. Beyond (a guy gets ripped apart by spiders in a library. Weird, creepy, surreal)
4. City of the Living Dead/Gates of Hell (I love the part when a guy gets his head drilled by an angry father)
5. Dawn/Day/Night of the Living Dead (I love Romero's Dead triligy what can I say)
6. Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things (Wicked halloween flick)

\m/ said:
Oops! wrong section of the forums. Sorry everyone.
Fuck it.

1. Dellamorte,Dellamore/Cemetery Man- Just the righ sense of black homor. Oops, did I just say homor? Must be because Rupert Everett is in it. Gotta love the changing faces on the tombstones. And the swarm of zombie boyscouts.
2. Return of the Living Dead- Action zombies.
3. Dead-Alive/Braindead- None more gory.
4. Re-Animator- I guess this counts. Oh well.
5. The Beyond- Fulci must have done like, A LOT of drugs or something.
6. Redneck Zombies- Hahahahahahaha. The zombie dissection on acid scene is classic. Also the drunk who keeps on chugging his booze while beating up zombies. "Get off my land!"

Lycanthrope said:
Shame on all of you! :(
No one has mentioned Evil Dead 1 or 2!
That's it! I'm unleashing my Bruce Campbell bobblehead to seek out and kill you all!
Fear the ASH!!! Witness him in all his fury!
http://community.webshots.com/photo/27221459/77685884zpMOaE

Hey, do video games count too? Resident Evil has definitely made a credible contribution to the zombie genre. :zombie:
I didn't for the simple fact that a deadite is a deadite and a zombie is a zombie. Catch my drift?

A deadite is a human (living or dead) that is possessed by an "evil" or "demonic" entity. A zombie is just a corpse that is re-animated by either a spell (voodoo) or a chemical of some sort. Also, deadites desire souls, zombies desire flesh and/or brains. Mmm... braaaaiiinnnnssss......

Do not question my authoritah' on horror.

Ol' Dirty Bastard said:
I didn't for the simple fact that a deadite is a deadite and a zombie is a zombie. Catch my drift?

A deadite is a human (living or dead) that is possessed by an "evil" or "demonic" entity. A zombie is just a corpse that is re-animated by either a spell (voodoo) or a chemical of some sort. Also, deadites desire souls, zombies desire flesh and/or brains. Mmm... braaaaiiinnnnssss......

Do not question my authoritah' on horror.
Ok, fine. But what about Henrietta (I'll swallow your soul!) and Ash's girlfriend, Linda? They were both killed and returned as ZOMBIES. And don't forget Henrietta's daughter's boyfriend, the 'preppie' zombie (can't think of his name).
Oh yeah, SAM RAIMI FUCKING OWNS!!!

Lycanthrope said:
Ok, fine. But what about Henrietta (I'll swallow your soul!) and Ash's girlfriend, Linda? They were both killed and returned as ZOMBIES. And don't forget Henrietta's daughter's boyfriend, the 'preppie' zombie (can't think of his name).
Oh yeah, SAM RAIMI FUCKING OWNS!!!

Like I said, live or dead. Look at the army of deadites in Army of Darkness. It's all in their motives and what's controlling them.

Deadite- human host possessed by a parasitic "entity" that's motivated by a hunger for souls

zombie- re-animated corpse, contolled either by witchcraft or by some chemical or disease which causes it to run on basic brain function or nerves, that's motivated by a hunger for flesh

Also, Henrietta became a deadite while still living (There's a scene where her husband, can't remember his name, is narrating, and she's rocking back in forth is a rocking chair. She keeps rocking back, further and further, until she's engulfed by the shadows, and when she re-emerges she's become a deadite. The scene was cut from the film.), and Linda (as seen in part one) and Henrietta's daughter's boyfriend (I believe his name was Ed) were both still alive when they were possessed.

Ol' Dirty Bastard said:
Fuck it.

1. Dellamorte,Dellamore/Cemetery Man- Just the righ sense of black homor. Oops, did I just say homor? Must be because Rupert Everett is in it. Gotta love the changing faces on the tombstones. And the swarm of zombie boyscouts.
2. Return of the Living Dead- Action zombies.
3. Dead-Alive/Braindead- None more gory.
4. Re-Animator- I guess this counts. Oh well.
5. The Beyond- Fulci must have done like, A LOT of drugs or something.
6. Redneck Zombies- Hahahahahahaha. The zombie dissection on acid scene is classic. Also the drunk who keeps on chugging his booze while beating up zombies. "Get off my land!"

Cemetary Man is a good one, you gotta love the worst acting scene in the history of (maybe) all movies, the part in the square when Oggi (?) pukes on the girl then she takes off on a motorcycle with Mario(?) and they get killed, the girl he falls in love with has some nice titties. I can't believe I forgot Dead Alive, that has to be the most gory movie ever! The mother scene at the end was sick! I can't believe it was a Peter Jackson flick. I haven't seen Redneck Zombies, I'll get that next. Get "The Dead Next Door" the acting really blows but the zombie scenes are cool.

Ol' Dirty Bastard said:
Like I said, live or dead. Look at the army of deadites in Army of Darkness. It's all in their motives and what's controlling them.

Deadite- human host possessed by a parasitic "entity" that's motivated by a hunger for souls

zombie- re-animated corpse, contolled either by witchcraft or by some chemical or disease which causes it to run on basic brain function or nerves, that's motivated by a hunger for flesh

Also, Henrietta became a deadite while still living (There's a scene where her husband, can't remember his name, is narrating, and she's rocking back in forth is a rocking chair. She keeps rocking back, further and further, until she's engulfed by the shadows, and when she re-emerges she's become a deadite. The scene was cut from the film.), and Linda (as seen in part one) and Henrietta's daughter's boyfriend (I believe his name was Ed) were both still alive when they were possessed.
Alright, you win. :bah:
You've given this whole zombie thing alot of thought, haven't you?

Zombie flick or not, Evil Dead 2 rules! :hotjump:

i like C.H.U.D. 2. it didn't follow the original at all and it became more of a return of the living dead type thing.

worst zombie movie ever- zombie chronicles. the box advertised it as being a mesh of dawn of the dead and tales from the crypt. it was no such thing. it sucked.

Terminator X said:
worst zombie movie ever- zombie chronicles. the box advertised it as being a mesh of dawn of the dead and tales from the crypt. it was no such thing. it sucked.

My friends watched that and also said it was terrible. Speaking from experience, "I, Zombie" is one of the lamest movies of all time.