What's your favorite horror/gore movies?

From Beyond is one of my favorites.

Recently picked these up on blu-ray.

Hellraiser,1,2.
Mosquito.

Hey guys

Hailing from Denmark, and being a big horror/heavy metal-fan - I love a lot of great movies...my range goes from old Universal Horror from the 30's onwards to Hammer Studios in the 60's and 70's to bloody 80's-slasher movies and serialkiller flicks in the 90's - I am not too picky, and I must say that I have seen a lot of bad movies through the years, but I still love the genre... and I still collect movies on physical media...

My absolutty favorite movie is "The Exorcist" - so amazing and cool... but the list is long, so feel free to mention some movies - maybe you are up for a little discussion or friendly chat about the film... ?

The Birds (my favourite film of all time)
Bad Taste
Hannibal
The Exorcist
A Nightmare on Elm Street
The Silence of the Lambs
A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors
The Hills Have Eyes (1977)
Final Destination 3
The Shining
Black Sheep
Psycho
Ginger Snaps

Over the past couple of years I've caught up on a heap of films I hadn't seen. The Hills Have Eyes was new to me. I felt it was one of those rare ones that was actually scary. Having nothing supernatural helps.

Reactions: CiG
Body Bags, good horror anthology, could use more of these style movies.

It doesn't get great reviews and has it's holes for sure, but I really liked Banshee Chapter. Loosely based on ideas from Lovecraft's short story From Beyond, it's found footage/documentary style which is something that has always appealed to me.
Ultimately I think it's those fingers that freak me out the most, though:
v1.aDsxMTEwMjM7ajsxNzc3NjsxMjAwOzE2ODA7ODk0

The Ritual is another one that was just visually cool. It didn't actually scare me but was fun to watch. Same with The Witch.
I like older horror as well, like The Abominable Dr. Phibes and the original The Wicker Man. These are also not particularly scary (Dr. Phibes is even considered a horror-comedy) but I like the storytelling and tone.

I'll definitely be going back through this thread and watching some of the recommendations so thanks everyone in advance!

Reactions: CiG