Beyond the Bridge confirmed for PP USA XIII

Between Beyond the Bridge and 66Crusher, my interest in prog metal has been completely renewed......

I'm thankful that bands like this still exist to draw me back in.

BTB provided great (cut the lawn) music. I really can't come up with a better compliment. I hit "repeat" once or twice - that's another good compliment. Looking forward to Saturday afternoon even more, now.

I can't imagine it could ever top "We didn't feel like rehearsing."

Who said that? Is that what they first told Glenn? Need to go reread the original announcement. My daughter was looking forward to this band, shame on them if that was their attitude.

Who said that? Is that what they first told Glenn? Need to go reread the original announcement. My daughter was looking forward to this band, shame on them if that was their attitude.

I think Patrick meant that as joke, considering that Arcturus chose to stay home playing polar bear as opposed to come out and play ProgPower.

In fact, I still want to send a letter thanking Arcturus for sucking. We probably wouldn't have ever gotten Ihsahn if it wasn't for them. :lol:

For some reason, the first time I listened to their album I was not impressed (I might've been working on something while listening to it, I don't know). But after this announcement I've listened to the album two more times and now I'm super excited about seeing these guys. Thanks Glen!!!!

What a fantastic little album, and a seriously talented band to watch, that I never would have known about were it not for this festival and this turn of events. I live on the other side of the world so I can never actually go to PP again, but I can't even count the number of amazing bands I've been introduced to by this festival, from afar. Thank you!

"The Apparition" kicks ass in so many directions it hurts my brain. It has moments of Haken type soaring metaphysics, and then dives into some crazy instrumentals which remind me of the crucifixion "Finale" from Godspell (arguably the pice of music that got me looking into heavy metal in 1983, but I digress...).

And I am sad "The Spring of it All" was not written back when I occasionally sang male/female duets - that is simply a beautiful song I would have loved to have covered.

I am REALLY loving this album - it's going to take a whole lot of awesome releases for this not to be in my top 5 this year. I really hope they play the entire album in Atlanta.

The more I listen to Beyond the Bridge the more I am impressed. When not listening to music, the melodies of The Old Man and The Spirit keep floating through my brain- a good sign that a CD is moving up into my CLASSIC category. Can't wait to see them at PP.

Beyond the Bridge (Germany) is confirmed as the opening act for Day 2 of this year's show.

I was seriously bummed about this, as Above Symmetry was one of my most-anticipated bands for this year.

Finally got around to checking out Beyond the Bridge (by way of simply buying the CD).

Now my only regret is that BOTH bands aren't playing.

Nice job, Glenn...I'd say they're similar in quality and have fairly similar "prog-ness". I continue to be impressed by how you run this thing!!

Craig

Hey Milton. I'm selfish: does BtB have anything new in the works? Since the first album gestated for a loooong time, I'm concerned that they may be a 2 album a decade band. Does Peter's physics background interact with his musical composition at all, sort of like "math metal"? Having spent too much time in a basic science building in college, I know the denizens of those structures. How many dismissive shakes of the head does Peter receive from his physics colleagues on a daily basis?