Beyond the Bridge - The Old Man and the Spirit

zedowns

Jun 14, 2005
Los Angeles
Has anyone else heard this yet? Good prog metal with male and female vocals.

There's some pretty interesting stuff going on in this album. I'm not even sure how much I like it at this point, but at the very least there's a few moments in every song that have me saying "Holy shit."

Its available for stream here:

http://www.guitarworld.com/exclusive-beyond-bridge-streaming-new-album-old-man-and-spirit

If you only have time for a couple of tracks, check out "The Apparition" or "The Struggle".

Fantastic disc......especially if you like theatrical rock / metal operas......as Glenn warned, it gets a little limp in the middle, but thats part of the appeal to me.

I think they have 2 males singers and 1 female singer, all good especially the gritty guy who is powerful and dead on ......

I hear bits of SX / Myrath and TSO all over the place.....

Great disc that should make waves once it catches on......

I've been singing this band's praises since I got the advance copy from Frontiers Records. The vocalists on the album are Herbie (also of Sinbreed) and newcomer Dilenya Mar (a jazz singer). It's going to take a hell of a lot to knock this album out of my top spot for Album of 2012!

I've been singing this band's praises since I got the advance copy from Frontiers Records. The vocalists on the album are Herbie (also of Sinbreed) and newcomer Dilenya Mar (a jazz singer). It's going to take a hell of a lot to knock this album out of my top spot for Album of 2012!

Oh sweet! I had written Sinbreed off after a previous listen, gonna have to give them another shot as I'm really digging this singer.

Wow !!! if that is one singer, that guy is super talented......he is all over the map vocally, and dead on every time..........

I didn't look at the CD insert, but I'd swear that was 2 different singers......unreal.