• More conservative

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Badbird

Never banned
Oct 14, 2009
Ayn Rand is dead hahahahaha
I had a thread about news stations bias but this one includes all of the media. Talk shows, music, movies, sports, video games, books, anything really. The media if you look at it is more liberal than conservative. Besides Fox News and talk show radio, you don't see much of a bias for conservative people. Now liberal gets a big love from the media. Just see for yourself. I will discuss things like music later in this thread.

About 90% of all big media in Sweden is controlled by the liberal Jews in the Bonnier Group. The remaining 10% is pretty much also liberal, so it doesn't provide much counter-weight. I think we have some of the most biased media in the world.

I' have gotten pretty disgusted with "alternative media" reporting as well lately (Infowars, etc.)

The "MSM" is reporting nothing but non-news, and the "main alternative" sites are just reverse spin reporting on the non-news.

Meanwhile the debt based global economic system continues to spiral down and the big-brotherish technology continues to expand. I think Celente may be off on his time-frame, but the Trends Institute has a good track record and I think very shortly the future is going to get very bloody at the hands of the masses revolting, and mainly in countries not named the United States, which I expect to regress to 2nd/3rd world status in my lifetime due to failed economics, fleeing talent, and the emergence of Asian powers/Russia.

I don't see how we can call the majority of news outlets liberal biased when the majority of news outlets are owned by Rupert Murdoch (the only one I don't think he has some share in is MS/NBC). If they're "liberal biased" it's because in certain areas there is a higher liberal demographic so the "liberal bias" sells more. That's why there is no middle of the line "bipartisan" news...we need men crying and yelling on tv telling their viewers the world is going to end if so and so law is passed. That's what the advertisers want

I don't see how we can call the majority of news outlets liberal biased when the majority of news outlets are owned by Rupert Murdoch (the only one I don't think he has some share in is MS/NBC). If they're "liberal biased" it's because in certain areas there is a higher liberal demographic so the "liberal bias" sells more. That's why there is no middle of the line "bipartisan" news...we need men crying and yelling on tv telling their viewers the world is going to end if so and so law is passed. That's what the advertisers want

Why does Murdoch ownership mean it isn't liberal?

Journalism today is a complete and utter farce because, as previously mentioned, objective and informative reporting doesn't sell. C-SPAN is the only objective news outlet left on TV, but their content is unfortunately largely useless (most people could give a shit about debates on the floor of congress). The syndicated TV show "Democracy Now" has a liberal bias, but does make an honest effort to report on real news rather than sensationalist garbage. I can't think of a right-leaning news organization that has any real informative reporting, unless you want to call The Wall Street Journal right wing.

Why does Murdoch ownership mean it isn't liberal?

:err: I'm not sure what you're asking. Are you asking about Murdoch himself or msnbc? I willingly admit msnbc is liberally biased, and it is so because there was Fox News before it. They each cater to one specific market. Murdoch is a pretty staunch and outspoken conservative, but I suppose what you might be getting at is he is willing to put his views aside to cater to whatever market he's going for to rake in them dollars

:err: I'm not sure what you're asking. Are you asking about Murdoch himself or msnbc? I willingly admit msnbc is liberally biased, and it is so because there was Fox News before it. They each cater to one specific market. Murdoch is a pretty staunch and outspoken conservative, but I suppose what you might be getting at is he is willing to put his views aside to cater to whatever market he's going for to rake in them dollars

Well I guess that would take us back to defining what "conservatism" is, because imo Murdoch is anything but.

@Mort: Obvious trolling is obvious.