Debating with ignorant family members

How could you possibly know that? We have no way of knowing what kind of religion appeared first.

what i meant was that, according to my highschool history class, poly-theism came before mono-theism

but
maybe my history class wasn't accurate

Ancestor worship, then totemism, then polytheism, the monotheism. I would add personality worship as the next religion, as shown in mid-20th century Europe, late 20th century Asia, Africa, & Latin America, and the present day Middle East and United States.

Ancestor worship, then totemism, then polytheism, the monotheism. I would add personality worship as the next religion, as shown in mid-20th century Europe, late 20th century Asia, Africa, & Latin America, and the present day Middle East and United States.

But that was only half the world up until about 500 years ago. There were shitloads of peoples in the Americas who had a big mixed bag of theisms and weren't very different in how advanced they were technologically.

But that's just a historical perspective. I'm sure psychology could bring more insight.

No, but Abrahamic religion comes from the cult of Yahweh Sabaoth, just the war god of the Israelites before the others were erased. They had powerful neighbors and were afraid of being conquered, so some people thought that if they devoted themselves to the war god exclusively, they wouldn't get conquered. It took getting conquered twice and a forged book (Deuteronomy) before they gained enough support to erase the traces that Yahweh was believed in alongside other gods. They didn't do the best job editing the other gods out, though, but I can't blame them since literacy rates weren't high enough for everyone to be able to read it for themselves and see.

No, but Abrahamic religion comes from the cult of Yahweh Sabaoth, just the war god of the Israelites before the others were erased. They had powerful neighbors and were afraid of being conquered, so some people thought that if they devoted themselves to the war god exclusively, they wouldn't get conquered. It took getting conquered twice and a forged book (Deuteronomy) before they gained enough support to erase the traces that Yahweh was believed in alongside other gods. They didn't do the best job editing the other gods out, though, but I can't blame them since literacy rates weren't high enough for everyone to be able to read it for themselves and see.

i meant the bible as a book is a cult, and "the bible was written by the levites in leviticus" who were a tribe of "leviathan worshipers"
according to www.davidicke.com
yeah this guy's nuts but some of the stuff he says about christianity is seemingly accurate

Nothing. The universe does not give a shit about us. We are nothing but dust in the grand scheme of things.

Yes, but what does nothing translate to? following death nothing in this sense is an abstract term conceived to explain everything devoid of everything including space and time. Energy transfer is immutable because there is no energy to begin with.

most of the crap he says is clearly crap but he does say some stuff that's consistent with what other people say
especially the parts where he de-constructs the bible

yes i know david icke is totally batshit
but a small percentage of what he says seems acurate
even a broken clock is right twice a day