BIAS still the way to go for High gain tones?

I just downloaded their free IRs, then bought the Vintage 30 pack.
In comparison to the 3SA Mesa 4x12 the Celestion Plus 4x12 somehow sounds "throatier", has a lot more low mids growl that cuts through the mix really well, while the 3SA impulses sound smoother.

From all the Impulses I have tried (Rosen Digital, OwnHammer, Two Notes, 3 Sigma Audio and Kazrogg), I think the 3 Sigma were my least favorite. They sound relatively scooped, a bit too much bottom and a bit edgy for me.

The fact that you mention the Celestion Plus have more "low mids" is definitely a potentially selling point for me, since as I said, the 3 Sig are too scooped for my taste.

I just checked the free IR and at least for high gain settings I found it *much* to sharp and thin.

I've been a fan of Rosen Digital and 3Sigma for a long time but actually I'm more getting into more "natural" sound regions. Appreciated the Kalthallen Mesa Impulses for example. I also got the Ownhammer Diezel IRs and there OK but somehow a bit thin and boxy to my ears...

Their free V30 impulse is basically a 1x12 cab, that's why it sounds "sharp and thin". Their 4x12 V30 impulses for high gain sound much better for metal riffs. And I really like the 2x12 for lead guitar. It has a very nice midrange focus.
Can't decide if I get the Greenback or the Alnico blue IRs next.
I was really used to 3SA's impulses (and still like them), but in direct comparison to the Celestion IRs they now sound over-processed and a little bit more "distant" to me.

Ah OK, thanks! Unfortunately I can't find videos of those Celestion V30 impulses on YT. Is there a chance to record a little snippet so that I can get an impression? Maybe even in comparison to a good 3Sigma or Rose impulse?

Thanks again!

EDIT: Bought the Celestion V30 4x12 - and I'm really blown away! Not only they are sorted very well and suitable for usage, the also sound fantastic...in direct comparison to the bunch of Rosen Digital and 3Sigma that I have I can' image coming back to those!

Last edited: