Biffs Tour Diary.

Black Lagoon

Apr 24, 2001
Cornwall, England
Visit site
Brilliant stuff. This is exactly what we've been asking for. Hope you feel better soon Biff.
A BIG thanks to Biff and to Vince for making this happen.

Thank fuck for the HMT Tour part two. There's no way I'm missing this even if I have to sell my house!:lol:

There was no real problem in Nuernberg. The SAXON eagle was only a little bit too dark on its left wing. The staff outside was working hard to get a new generator. But the show was great.

Well, I cannot second that....They had massive problems throughout the entire set...the problem with the light generator was one thing, leaving Noctorial Rites in the complete dark through their entire set...Compared to the show they did in Munich, Saxon had (due to the problems) much less light and the eagle was much less bright....it it looked like it had a broken right wing or so since many of the lamps didn't burn on it.

The other thing was the problems with the guitars...songs like Court of the Crimson King (massive humming throughout the song), Dallas 1 p.m., Solid ball of rock, the broken heroes and several others were (for most of their length) played with Dougs guitar only.

Biff had a bad cold and you could easily hear this...and he screwed up lyrics on several songs singing the same verse twice and in incorrect order...

Biff apologized several times for all this throughout the show..I think it got on his nerves as well and he was very angry because of the crappy equipment they had to cope with at the Löwensaal..Maybe that's why they cut the set a bit short, the day before that in Munich they played for about 15 minutes longer.Usually Nuremberg is one of the longest sets on the tour, the past few tour saw Nuremberg always close to the 2 1/2h mark or even beyond that point.

But I have to agree on one point...it again was a great show (although they didn't do Dogs of War though :p )

Qoute:
PS - We are trying to put some shows together for Eastern Europe at the moment - so hope it comes together

PPS - There will be a part two of the Heavy Metal Thunder tour!
------------------------------
Yeah! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: