Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Among the Living

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Reign in Blood

Votes: 13 72.2%

• Total voters

PrincessHades

Apr 11, 2015
I'm going to go with Reign in Blood. Master of Puppets has the best songs, with (Welcome Home) Sanitarium being my second favorite Metallica song, and Orion being the third. One is my favorite, but that is irrelevant to this thread. I just don't think that it is a very listenable album, some parts of it seem drawn out.

As for Megadeth's So Far So Good, So What!. I fucking love that album, but it seems very stationary and passive. Among the Living is alright, but it is inconsistent, and also a sufferer to the same issues as Master of Puppets.

Reign in Blood is my favorite of this poll, and this is probably the only time where I will favor a Slayer album. It's a very bombastic, triumphant album that makes its presence known very directly, as opposed to SFSGSW.

I forgot to mention that the last poll is as of now, a tie between Ride the Lightning and Hell Awaits.

Master of Puppets. Amazing album, some of the best songwriting in metal's history, its musical influence could be heard long after its release. 10/10.

Same could be said about Reign in Blood, but it's not my personal musical ideal. 8/10.

SFSGSW has its moments, but the best ones are leftovers from the pre-debut times. The production is weak, the drummer is horrible, and In My Darkest Hour is one of his worst songs. If PSBWB is a 10/10 29 minute EP, this one is a 7/10 26 minute EP, and more like a 5/10 album.

Among the Living is among the worst things to happen to thrash metal. Totally dry socially-conscious crap. 1/10.

In My Darkest Hour is one of his worst songs..

9MMJD.gif

THE PAIAAAAAAAAAIIIN
THE PAIIIIIIIAAIIIIIIIIIIIAN
WON'T YOU HOLD ME A-GAAAIIIAIIAIAIAN

Puppets, but there are great fucking songs on each of those.

MoP
RiB
SFSGSW
AtL

The strength of Hook In Mouth almost elevates that album to #2 though, excellent song

1: Reign in Blood
2: Master of Puppets
3: Among the Living
4: So Far So Good So What

Never really cared too much for Megadeth.