Votes: 13 72.2%
  • State of Euphoria

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • South of Heaven

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters

PrincessHades

Apr 11, 2015
Starting with Metallica. I fucking love ...And Justice For All. It is my favorite Metallica album. It has One on it, so that is a given. Unfortunately, it doesn't have very much charisma overall.

Next is Anthrax-State of Euphoria. Honestly, I've never listened to this one before. I felt no need to. I've heard the cover of Antisocial by Trust, and it makes it seem as though this is their lightest and most jovial release.

Slayer's South of Heaven kicks ass, and maybe it's a more listenable album than 'Justice'. It's possibly my favorite Slayer album, but even then, I don't like Slayer that much.

Rust in Peace is the clear winner. It has the most mystique and "classic factor", and I think it is the most aggressive album of this selection.

Reign in Blood is by far the victor of the last poll. It wasn't a very interesting one to say the least.

Rust in Peace>...And Justice For All>South of Heaven>State of Euphoria

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
RIP - first seven song run is some of the best metal around, goes downhill at the end but that's just Megadeth for you, 9.5/10
AJFA - a couple weaker songs, some overlength, not as visionary as the first three albums but still excellent, 8/10
SOH - could have been better for what it was, the cover is irredeemable and a couple of the slower songs are just plain boring, but overall respectable, 6/10
SOE - the worst major label metal album in existence, 0/10

Reactions: PrincessHades
10 dollars says STN voted for South of Heaven.

I voted Rust in Peace which is pretty much the epitome of a thrash record next to Ride the Lightning

Reactions: CiG
How can it be the epitome of a thrash record when Hangar 18, Poison Was the Cure, Lucretia, Tornado of Souls, Dawn Patrol, and half of the title track are not thrash songs?

Come to think of it, at least three songs on Ride the Lightning are not at all thrash metal as well.

How can it be the epitome of a thrash record when Hangar 18, Poison Was the Cure, Lucretia, Tornado of Souls, Dawn Patrol, and half of the title track are not thrash songs?

lmao-gif.gif

Reactions: CiG