Big 4 poll part VII

Select the superior album (last time for now)

• Hardwired...To Self Destruct

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Dystopia

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • For All Kings

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Repentless

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

PrincessHades

Apr 11, 2015
I didn't want to spoil the last one, but people were bitching about these threads shitting the forum. Once thrash metal bands sell out and start jumping around in tutus singing about candy, no one appreciates them...therefore the polls become boring as shit. This one will be about the newest album. It's probably already been done, so there's a betting system. Guess the winning album and you get 20 free likes from me.

Megadeth's Dystopia hit me over the head the first time I heard Fatal Illusion. That song just kicks ass, especially at the end. Death from Within and Bullet to the Brain are excellent tracks as well, but the album is unfortunately not very consistent, especially in the middle.

I first heard the single "Implode" from Slayer's Repentless when I was 14. Considering I'm 17 now, and it seems like just yesterday that Repentless came out, they took their time in the studio as many classic metal bands have been doing as of late. By no means to the extent of Metallica, and Slayer had an excuse with the passing of Jeff Hanneman. I liked Implode a lot, I though Tom Araya's vocals were badass. Two years later, the album comes out, and he sounds like an old man. His voice was too thin, the production to clean and compressed, and the songs lacked energy.

Metallica's Hardwired...To Self Destruct has a few good songs, but it's only a slight improvement from the abysmal Death Magnetic. "We're so fucked. Shit out of luck". I could write better lyrics.

For All Kings is my favorite of these albums. It doesn't come off as thrash pandering, it sounds very natural, focused, and yet at the same time, diverse and interesting. It has some aggressive moments, as well as lighter ones, so it's very textured. It makes chronological sense and sees the band going somewhere new.

We're not doing the albums in order? Megadeth starts to win the majority of these after the Black album

Lots of vocal/lyrical issues with these albums

We're not doing the albums in order? Megadeth starts to win the majority of these after the Black album

Lots of vocal/lyrical issues with these albums

The polls would have gotten boring I had kept going, not to mention difficult as Metallica were relentlessly underproductive.

I'm voting Hardwired, it actually has some decent thrash on it, and the vocals on Dystopia are irritating

Hardwired
Dystopia
FAK
Repentless

Last edited:
Dystopia for sure. Look Who's Talking is one of the best leftover songs I've ever heard, it sucks it was not put in the album.

I reckon Repentless is the worst of these 4. Haven't really heard For All Kings.

the vocals on Dystopia are irritating

This pretty much sums up Megadeth for me. Although I can stomach their first couple of releases (only cuz my girlfriend at the time loved them and listened to them frequently) I've never been a fan.

Had you continued in chronological order, I would have put Cryptic Writings (better than the two preceding it) over ReLoad, but no idea about Stomp 442 vs DiM.

Reactions: CiG